SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 157 movie!

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 157 movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'v been going back and forth on whether to bother with this, I mean I thought Shame was great and 12 Years a Slave even if it was a little ham fisted was still very well made but nothing I'v seen trailer/plot wise makes it seem very interesting.
Colin Farrell’s character kept me interested almost to the end. Not much else to recommend past the first hour.

What @Mr Mojo Lane ? I can't hear you? You want to rejoin?

andre-giant-choke.gif

From day one, I planned my pick progression to be Bruce Lee, Katharine Hepburn, Steve McQueen. I never would've imagined any scenario where movies of theirs would be watched other than me loading up my own picks. Yet here we are about to watch a Steve McQueen movie. And after my Hepburn week I started thinking about making it so that my week would always be a classics week, so the fact that someone else has us watching a Steve McQueen movie couldn't be more perfect. Granted, The Thomas Crown Affair isn't top tier McQueen IMO, but no matter what tier, a Steve McQueen movie is still a fucking Steve McQueen movie :cool:

Not this time around, but the next, you will be happy with my old school choices. But you will have to wait several months! Wasn't in the mood for it this next week.

Very happy, classic movie with classy actors

Not this time around, but the next, you will be happy with my old school choices. But you will have to wait several months! Wasn't in the mood for it this next week.
woah you already have your next two sets of nominations planned?

give a hint on the old school choices?

I think imma miss Mandy cuz it's not easy to find but this one I don't think there's any way I'll miss it. A Steve McQueen movie I haven't seen? Sign me up.

woah you already have your next two sets of nominations planned?

give a hint on the old school choices?

they are old, i was small when I watched them, and they had such an impact on me that I still remember how I felt watching them :)

Top 5 Heist Movies

5. Thief (1981)
th

4. Dog Day Afternoon (1975)
dog-day-afternoon-c.jpg

3. A Fish Called Wanda (1983)
a-fish-called-wanda-poster.jpg

2. The Usual Suspects (1995)
XCWuP19WyyKbcMR3iVOCSJwrvfvhJmRlZuPVwU4230VULWvFjLm9eBpG7n5HifkdnY8D=w300

1. Heat (1995)
th

Top-5:
Across 110th Street
Heat
Rififi
Thief
Wild Bunch

HM:
Danger: Diabolik
Friends of Eddie Coyle
Sexy Beast
Topkapi

These two lists just make me realize that there are a ton of heist movies that I never even think of as heist movies.:oops:

Wild Bunch? Fish Called Wanda? Usual Suspects?:confused:

Danger: Diabolik

<mma4>

Unlike stupid people like Robin Hood, Diabolik knew exactly what to use a boatload of money for.

3797372057_ebd842c05f.jpg

Top 5:

5. The Asphalt Jungle / Danger: Diabolik
4. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
3. Le Cercle Rouge
2. The Wild Bunch

1. Dog Day Afternoon

Problem is, I feel at least one of the selections is also a common choice for the theme.

C'mon blue man! Spill the beans!;)

Fun fact: Bank Job was the first movie I ever owned on blu ray. I didn't even buy it, it just came with something I bought.

Well, at least you got a very good movie for free! I remember Bank Job being surprisingly good, maybe Statham's best film even.

Last edited:
Unlike stupid people like Robin Hood, Diabolik knew exactly what to use a boatload of money for.
Robin Hood stole from the taxman and gave the money back to the people. Diabolik stole tons of money for himself and then attacked the Italian I.R.S. erasing tax revenue data to benefit all the people, so he had best of both worlds.

3. Le Cercle Rouge
My favorite Melville movie. Speaking of French burglary flicks, have you seen Rififi? It's a nice combination of American ruggedness and French suave approach.

{cruzshake}
Well, you know who to blame if you end up hating it (=chickenluver).

Heresy! When I was reading 1001 Films You Must See Before You Die on the john, it informed me that Bob the Gamber was the first film to do that! :mad:
I understand, that you need to go with your gut on this one.

Back