SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 157 movie!

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 157 movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot us a PM for more info!

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC. Or if you prefer, here's a more detailed examination.

2zwu5k.jpg

Our most anonymous member returns! Andersson's Foot? Minotauro Rex Foot? Invisible Foot? We don't even know what to call him these days! Fitting for his clandestine and skulking character, he has prepared a Heist movie theme! Here are the Nominations!

Candidates:

American Animals (2018)

Director: Bart Layton

Stars: Spencer Reinhard, Warren Lipka, Eric Borsuk

Premise: Four young men mistake their lives for a movie and attempt one of the most audacious heists in U.S. history.

The Town (2010)

Director: Ben Affleck

Stars: Ben Affleck, Rebecca Hall, Jon Hamm

Premise: As he plans his next job, a longtime thief tries to balance his feelings for a bank manager connected to one of his earlier heists, as well as the F.B.I. Agent looking to bring him and his crew down.

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

Director: Norman Jewison

Stars: Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway, Paul Burke

Premise: A debonair, adventuresome bank executive believes he has pulled off the perfect multi-million dollar heist, only to match wits with a sexy insurance investigator who will do anything to get her man.

The Bank Job (2008)

Director: Roger Donaldson

Stars: Jason Statham, Saffron Burrows, Stephen Campbell Moore

Premise: Martine offers Terry a lead on a foolproof bank hit on London's Baker Street. She targets a roomful of safe deposit boxes worth millions in cash and jewelry. But Terry and his crew don't realize the boxes also contain a treasure trove of dirty secrets - secrets that will thrust them into a deadly web of corruption and illicit scandal.

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @TheOldMan @Kyojiro @HHJ @Cubo de Sangre @FrontNakedChoke @Minotauro Rex Foot @Tufts @chickenluver @Coolthulu @OMGstreetfight @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @moreorless87 @HARRISON_3 @Bullitt68 @HenryFlower @BeardotheWeirdo @Zer @TheLinguist @Rimbaud82

This Weeks Top Theme is "Top 5 Heist Movies!"​

Quite the overlap between the nominees and the top 5 theme.

Ah ha, a heist! Today's a good day for a robbery.

Problem is, I feel at least one of the selections is also a common choice for the theme.

Top-5:
Across 110th Street
Heat
Rififi
Thief
Wild Bunch

HM:
Danger: Diabolik
Friends of Eddie Coyle
Sexy Beast
Topkapi

Top 5 Heist Movies

5. Thief (1981)
th

4. Dog Day Afternoon (1975)
dog-day-afternoon-c.jpg

3. A Fish Called Wanda (1983)
a-fish-called-wanda-poster.jpg

2. The Usual Suspects (1995)
XCWuP19WyyKbcMR3iVOCSJwrvfvhJmRlZuPVwU4230VULWvFjLm9eBpG7n5HifkdnY8D=w300

1. Heat (1995)
th

Where's Ocean's 8 in that list of heist flicks?

Voted but not impressed from the selection

Fun fact: Bank Job was the first movie I ever owned on blu ray. I didn't even buy it, it just came with something I bought.

Fun fact: Bank Job was the first movie I ever owned on blu ray. I didn't even buy it, it just came with something I bought.

I assumed you didn't buy it.

I assumed you didn't buy it.
I'm trying to determine where it came from. It might have been a bundle purchase, buy this console or television and get this free blu ray because we have too many copies and no one is buying it.

I jumped the gun for this weeks theme and watched Widows. Pretty disapointing. Dumped down heist with hamfisted empowerement.

A prodigal member returns to the fold!!!
@Mr Mojo Lane
A0gR.gif

Long-time member may remember him as the man that Nominated Vertigo!

Now let's shame him for leaving in the first place!

source.gif

@MusterX plz take care of this castaway!

We Have A Winner!
the-thomas-crown-affair-vintage-movie-poster-original-italian-4-foglio-55x78-1812.jpg

The Thomas Crown Affair takes it with one vote lead! Just don't watch the Pierce Brosnan remake by mistake!

Finally, after 157 weeks, we're getting to watch a Steve McQueen movie in this Club!:)

giphy.gif

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @TheOldMan @Kyojiro @HHJ @Cubo de Sangre @FrontNakedChoke @Sakurabaism @Mr Mojo Lane @Minotauro Rex Foot @Tufts @chickenluver @Coolthulu @OMGstreetfight @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @moreorless87 @HARRISON_3 @Bullitt68 @HenryFlower @BeardotheWeirdo @Zer @TheLinguist @Rimbaud82

I jumped the gun for this weeks theme and watched Widows. Pretty disapointing. Dumped down heist with hamfisted empowerement.

I'v been going back and forth on whether to bother with this, I mean I thought Shame was great and 12 Years a Slave even if it was a little ham fisted was still very well made but nothing I'v seen trailer/plot wise makes it seem very interesting.

From day one, I planned my pick progression to be Bruce Lee, Katharine Hepburn, Steve McQueen. I never would've imagined any scenario where movies of theirs would be watched other than me loading up my own picks. Yet here we are about to watch a Steve McQueen movie. And after my Hepburn week I started thinking about making it so that my week would always be a classics week, so the fact that someone else has us watching a Steve McQueen movie couldn't be more perfect. Granted, The Thomas Crown Affair isn't top tier McQueen IMO, but no matter what tier, a Steve McQueen movie is still a fucking Steve McQueen movie :cool:

Back