• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 10 movie!

Sherdog Movie Club: Week 10 Western Movie Night! Take your pick!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_1517%5B1%5D.GIF

Not gonna lie... I'm a bit aggrevated by that insinuation.

You've offended my honor, sir Shadow_Priest. I demand satisfaction. Short-swords at dawn.

I assume you're referring to the Once Upon A Time in The West write-up I did? Just because Sergio Leone revolutionized the western and brought a totally new style to it -- and made some of the best westerns of all time -- doesn't mean Americans can't make good Westerns. On the contrary, American cinema history is absolutely bloated with magnificent western movies. 5 of which are featured here, and one of which is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

So no, Americans can make some very good westerns.

LOL. That's what I was referring to but I was mostly just trolling you.

BTW once this vote is up we all expect you to reveal which among this group is the Super-Western.

You can be even meaner than that.:p Soultaker is practically excellent by Mst3k standards, no idea why so many people hail it as one of the worst.

Creeping Terror
Night Train to Mundo Fine
Secret Agent Super Dragon
The Beast of Yucca Flats
Pod People

Of the top of my head, that has to be the five deadly-venoms for me, the worst of Mst3k.

I swear to God, if my favorite film wins this poll and anyone of you bastards dislike it I'm going to feuture these 5 movies the next time it's my turn!:p

It's a top notch movie. I don't know of any other feature film that adheres as strictly to the rules of time and space.

It's a top notch movie. I don't know of any other feature film that adheres as strictly to the rules of time and space.

Okay, two things. . .

1. I saw that this movie was released in 1990 . . . but that means it was made in the 80s, and holy shit the 80s were such a great fucking time. We just don't get movies like that anymore. It reminds me of watching Bloodfist a couple of weeks ago. Again, we just don't get movies like that now.

2. All through the trailer I was like, "Wait . . . wha-- . . . is that? Huh? Why does that dude look like Martin Sheen?" And then the name "Joe Estevez" popped up and all became clear. I guess he just didn't quite reach the highs of the rest of the family.

Okay, two things. . .

1. I saw that this movie was released in 1990 . . . but that means it was made in the 80s, and holy shit the 80s were such a great fucking time. We just don't get movies like that anymore. It reminds me of watching Bloodfist a couple of weeks ago. Again, we just don't get movies like that now.

2. All through the trailer I was like, "Wait . . . wha-- . . . is that? Huh? Why does that dude look like Martin Sheen?" And then the name "Joe Estevez" popped up and all became clear. I guess he just didn't quite reach the highs of the rest of the family.

Joe Estevez makes Frank Stallone look like Joaquin Phoenix.

What does that make Donnie Wahlberg?

He's an interesting case actually, because Mark kind of rode Donnie's NKOTB coattails into the industry, and then totally surpassed him.

Best analogy I can think of is Eric and Julia Roberts.

He's an interesting case actually, because Mark kind of rode Donnie's NKOTB coattails into the industry, and then totally surpassed him.

Indeed.

He's actually a perfectly serviceable actor, he just doesn't have the charisma of his bro. I wonder if he's bitter.

Joe Estevez sunk A LOT lower than Soultaker. Dude was in the freaking Hell Comes to Frogtown sequels. Frog Warrior, Toad Warrior. You name it.

rollergator2.jpg

That said -- Estaves always seemed to me like a guy who was having fun with his Z-grade stardome and enjoying his time making these films. He's definitively a lot of fun in Soultaker.

Indeed.

He's actually a perfectly serviceable actor, he just doesn't have the charisma of his bro. I wonder if he's bitter.

Hopefully not. Donnie W has actually had an impressive career overall, when you add it up.

I think his acting is perfectly fine. Probably not going to be competing with Mark for Oscars, but he never takes me out of the movie or show by reading false.

Same goes for Frank Stallone. He's considered a bit of a joke, but I've never seen him give a bad performance that I can recall. He was pretty good in Barfly, and I actually like some of his music.

This is turning into an interesting contest. We've seen some things already that we've never seen any other week.

My dad is a huge western movie fan

So I have been around when it comes to these types of films

My dad is a huge western movie fan

So I have been around when it comes to these types of films
Same here. I loved watching Lonesome Dove and Silverado with my dad. I've never seen any of these five though and have only heard of three of them.

How DARE you talk shit about ERIC ROBERTS! It was that big mouthed whore sister of his that ruined everything!! She ruined everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How DARE you talk shit about ERIC ROBERTS! It was that big mouthed whore sister of his that ruined everything!! She ruined everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Eric Roberts. . . Have you ever looked at his IMDB page? At any given time he always has, literally, like 40 projects in development.

Best of the Best will always be awesome.

SUDDEN DEATH!

Amazingly, for the second time in SMC history we have a tie! After tossing out non-member votes, here's our final tally:

The Searchers: 3
High Noon: 2
Shane: 5
Red River: 1
Cat Ballou: 5

So you guys know what to do. Just like Primer week, we'll have a 24 hour tie-breaker vote. So if you're unclear, EVERYONE GETS TO VOTE AGAIN. You'll be casting your vote here in the thread, so just post which movie you want to vote for. It's SHANE vs CAT BALLOU.

This poll closes tomorrow at 5:30 Mountain Time.

Attn: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @Mondo Freaks @Cint @Luke Rockhard @TheRuthlessOne @EL CORINTHIAN @mb23100 @HUNTERMANIA @iThrillhouse @Zer @Lethal_Striker @BenRichards @mooshy @JaegerIT @Lionel Mandrake @DaDamn @chickenluver @gorgonon @jeicex @INTERL0PER @FierceRedBelt @Werdun @Cptn1NSAN0 @D Train @GoForkYourself @Rimbaud82 @RayA @That209 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @BeardotheWeirdo @RoryFan @Caveat @The Clamburglar @Bobby Boulders @TCE @Murlik

Back