Resolved Sherdog Is Frustrating Now

I remember back in 2008 if you didn't have ad blocker Sherdog ads would inject viruses and spyware into your computer. It was seriously ridiculous

These ads are so intrusive. I’ll echo what a good few posters have already said. It makes the site damn near unusable. iPhone user here.

Getting quite annoyed at the constant page resets/refreshes and losing full posts on a regular basis.

Now, I’ve lurked on Sherdog for many years, never had an account but since I made one this site has gotten so much worse in regards to ads/performance.

Now the ads wouldn’t be so bad if the video didn’t just keep popping back up after being closed. This and the fact that it covers the post boxes and generally just messes the formatting and display up.

And yes, it crashed whilst typing this post out but luckily I copy and pasted, as I knew it would do that to me!

I think man might have to take a vacation from Sherdog because it’s actually bloody awful at this point!

Please sort it out!!!

I don’t think I can use this site anymore. I mainly use IPhone to access it and it’s just too slow and constantly reloading due to the many ads. It sucks because I love it here and really enjoy this community but I just don’t have the patience to deal with this chore of a site anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed because it really is a great site.

I don’t think I can use this site anymore. I mainly use IPhone to access it and it’s just too slow and constantly reloading due to the many ads. It sucks because I love it here and really enjoy this community but I just don’t have the patience to deal with this chore of a site anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed because it really is a great site.
Very sorry to hear this, Tobias. I've noted the slowed performance you've reported back. Can you share a screengrab of what you're seeing on-screen when you say the site reloads or refreshes itself?

I'm with TC, my safari browser will pretty consistently reset itself when I scroll down a thread.

Last edited:
My favorite is when I'm typing a reply and a banner ad covers what I'm typing and along with a video ad
I love how the banner ad often moves when it first appears, so if you're quick on the draw and try to hit an x, it'll shift and you'll just click what was originally under it. Or sometimes, it doesn't actually exist at all and clicking it just clicks what's behind it instead.

Really teaches me to be patient and wait 20 seconds so I can x out all the ads and enjoy the page for 30 seconds before the ads reload

Back