• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PC Sherdog Civilization 6 Competition Official

SakurabasEar

Deus Magnus Est
Banned
Reaction score
Sherdog Civilization 6 Competition Official : April 15, 8:00 Pm ET

@CubicleGangster @SakuGoliath @HockeyBjj
@Shoemaker

More are welcome to join, just pm me or HockeyBjj. Ruleset will be agreed upon at least by saturday afternoon. Drinking is encouraged for superior play. Play as long as you can make it. Remember to shoot us your username

f95thwysc0r81.jpg

4556-0a7d7251bd5f6343148745af3dc9a30c.jpg

Last edited:
@Shoemaker is in as well

were-putting-the-band-back-together-were-getting-back-together.gif

Sherdog Civilization 6 Competition Official : April 15, 8:00 Pm ET

@CubicleGangster @SakuGoliath @HockeyBjj

More are welcome to join, just pm me or HockeyBjj. Ruleset will be agreed upon at least by saturday afternoon. Drinking is encouraged for superior play. Play as long as you can make it. Remember to shoot us your username

View attachment 978699

View attachment 978701

Madrid getting nuked and Phillip having the happy relationship icon next to him is killing me.

@SakuGoliath @Shoemaker @CubicleGangster

it’s the four of us for tonight. I’ll open the lobby at 7:30 central (wife being a champ and putting both kids to bed tonight) and send invites and people can join and hopefully we’re taking the first turn and bitching about settling locations by 8pm central.

this is the setting to make sure you have enable. For someone with only vanilla civ 6 it’ll even temporarily download the rise and fall and gathering storm expansions. Plus I have some tiny mods that don’t affect gameplay and just make the UI nicer like pins that tell you what the adjacency will be and coloring that helps the museum theming.

XkP2yOp_d.webp

A few questions for game setup so that we don’t spend time on this tonight.

Do we want just the 4 of us on a 4 person map? Or 4 AI as well on 8 person map?

teams of 2? Or every man for themselves?

Which map type?

Any of the special game modes like Monopolies or secret societies or barbarians that can turn into city states active?

Any civs blacklisted or just choose whatever since this will be a more chill game I imagine and maybe in future we can have a cutthroat one.

@SakuGoliath @Shoemaker @CubicleGangster

it’s the four of us for tonight. I’ll open the lobby at 7:30 central (wife being a champ and putting both kids to bed tonight) and send invites and people can join and hopefully we’re taking the first turn and bitching about settling locations by 8pm central.

this is the setting to make sure you have enable. For someone with only vanilla civ 6 it’ll even temporarily download the rise and fall and gathering storm expansions. Plus I have some tiny mods that don’t affect gameplay and just make the UI nicer like pins that tell you what the adjacency will be and coloring that helps the museum theming.

XkP2yOp_d.webp

A few questions for game setup so that we don’t spend time on this tonight.

Do we want just the 4 of us on a 4 person map? Or 4 AI as well on 8 person map?

teams of 2? Or every man for themselves?

Which map type?

Any of the special game modes like Monopolies or secret societies or barbarians that can turn into city states active?

Any civs blacklisted or just choose whatever since this will be a more chill game I imagine and maybe in future we can have a cutthroat one.
I for one would like to have some AIs to smesh good sir. Please make gandhi one of them if you all aren't going to play him :D

I for one would like to have some AIs to smesh good sir. Please make gandhi one of them if you all aren't going to play him :D

If Ghandi is in the game I nuke him first turn I get nukes. That’s the rules.

Wish there was a way to guarantee 2 players and 2 AI per continents on the continents map, rather than risking 1 guy alone on his land and the other 3 together.

Maybe we play small continents then there’s a naval element to meet everyone rather than just a single boat across the ocean to say hello?

If Ghandi is in the game I nuke him first turn I get nukes. That’s the rules.

Wish there was a way to guarantee 2 players and 2 AI per continents on the continents map, rather than risking 1 guy alone on his land and the other 3 together.

Maybe we play small continents then there’s a naval element to meet everyone rather than just a single boat across the ocean to say hello?
I think I'm good with small continents, or we can do Pangaea to avoid what your referring to here. I however did notice Pangaea can screw somebody with a shitty coastal starting spot with no river

Sounds fun. I have thought about doing a similar one for poker, but I'm lazy and shit like that. Are you guys doing all paths to victory, or only military? I always think I'm doing fine, until the AI pops up with a science victory, or something. Weak. I would think about joining, but I'm not sure my internet would hold up. It always seems buggy, and my version of Civ 6 is on Steam, so Idk how that would affect it, and I wouldn't want to fuck your game up. Anyway, good shit.

I always think I understand this game until turn 250, and I'm all "What are those religious fanatics doing to my people, and why does Cleopatra keep telling me that she hates me?"
Haha. I relate.

Edit: My internet isn't actually laggy. It is just slower than I need to stream fights reliably. Some of the higher definition streams lag. I'm sure it would be fine for a game. I might be in for one if I can use my Steam version. Risk would be fun, maybe also.

Last edited:
Sounds fun. I have thought about doing a similar one for poker, but I'm lazy and shit like that. Are you guys doing all paths to victory, or only military? I always think I'm doing fine, until the AI pops up with a science victory, or something. Weak. I would think about joining, but I'm not sure my internet would hold up. It always seems buggy, and my version of Civ 6 is on Steam, so Idk how that would affect it, and I wouldn't want to fuck your game up. Anyway, good shit.

Haha. I relate.

There was a sherdog poker match a few years back when Fawlty was still around. I think it was two or three tables. Good times.

Civ games are perhaps the most fun I have playing something I'm not entirely sure I'm actually playing.

Also, as much as I love them, I can't get past the fact that my favorite part of the game is the initial expansion phase. Plopping down cities, exploring and finding new resources, etc.

Haha. I relate.
Most fun game I had was going for a culture victory way behind on the tech tree, trying to get the last bit of tourism. My rock bands witnessing 4v4 AI giant death robots going at it while I had musketmen and praying no one declared war on me

I thought I posted this earlier but I guess I forgot to hit 'post'.

I'd be down for a pangea game. AI is good for easy expansion. Every man for themselves works. But I'll be down for whatever setup.

Back