Sherbytes: Industry News Megathread, v.2

AI streamlines game storyboarding + dialogue craft. But will it enrich or cheapen player experience?

• Total voters
F2P FPS The Finals isn’t meeting goals despite abuzz December launch, publisher confirms this month.

With season 2 underway, the team is working to identify the reasons why player retainment among other things is lower than expected.

Read here. (External)

Zero is such a weird title but I’m stoked for Code Veronica. A flawed title that has the makings of a classic imo. One of my favorite RE games and a perfect candidate for a remake imo. Fixing some of the terrible issues like the multiple soft lock points and bringing it into modern gaming could be awesome if handled right. They’ve only really misstepped with R3make so I hope this isn’t another exception.

Am I misremembering or when did 80€ become the pricing standard for games?

I see newer games now (vanilla, non-bundle) priced at 79.95€ when I thought we were still despite some exception at 69.95€.

Looking into it, I'd read the average game price for PS5/Xbox Series was 69.95€ as of winter 2022/2023. We're a year and change removed from that to date so I guess prices have increased across the board? I know production costs can now be in the 100s of millions for 'quadruple A' titles but the publisher handshake on uniform price hike catches me off-guard. Arrowhead was brilliant if not iconoclastic for their Helldivers 2 price point given this, IMO.

Judgement made on ATVI and cheat provider lawsuit: (Big pwn for ATVI @ the domain transfer too, I have to think)

BREAKING: Activision has been granted default judgement in its court case against cheat provider EngineOwning.

Judge ruled EngineOwning owes Activision $14.45M in damages and $292,900 in legal fees.

Judge ruled EngineOwning website domain must be transferred to Activision.

Original Twitter acc at peak of cheat provider: ^

Skärmavbild 2024-05-29 kl. 16.39.58.png

April 2024 numbers are in – PS5 leads hardware + top games are (1) Stellar Blade (2) Helldivers 2 (3) Call of Duty: MW III 2023

US Game Market April 2024:

PlayStation 5 Again Led The Month’s Hardware Market In Unit And Dollar Sales.

All Platforms Sales Top 20 Chart April 2024:

-Stellar Blade No.1

-Helldivers II No.2

-Rise Of The Ronin No.11

-Marvel's Spider-Man 2 No.20

Judgement made on ATVI and cheat provider lawsuit: (Big pwn for ATVI @ the domain transfer too, I have to think)

BREAKING: Activision has been granted default judgement in its court case against cheat provider EngineOwning.

Judge ruled EngineOwning owes Activision $14.45M in damages and $292,900 in legal fees.

Judge ruled EngineOwning website domain must be transferred to Activision.

How in God’s name could the legal fees have reached $292,000 on a DEFAULT JUDGMENT? Default judgments are granted when a defendant doesn’t even defend themselves against a lawsuit. That means no document production. No depositions. No trial.

That figure for legal fees is absolutely absurd.

Back