Sheiko?

Yeah but isnt #29 the intro cycle? I need them sweet Russian gains, man.

I will say that my form on all 3 lifts has tightened up quite a bit over the course of the month. There’s just so much volume that you have to do shit the right way or you’ll end up wrecked. Deadlift feels really good.
I forget the order I did them in before that but running 29 kept me from slogging through some of the other stuff I saw and got me modest gains that I still have. Doesn’t mean what I did was right, just that I added about 50-60 pounds to my total over 3 months of back to back running and I didn’t have to alter much else. Sleep diet etc... all we’re the same roughly. I’m at about 95% strength still and that’s with my shoulder tear. Squat is up for some reason. So I added some cardio in to cut this fat down and look fairly decent now too.

I think from sheiko I learned that I need to have more volume at lower weight tossed into any plan I make. So I keep a 5x5 packed in there and a few higher rep workouts scattered.

Here’s something weird I run into
If it’s too light form falls apart as bad as being too heavy. So the reps feel better at about 80-90%. Except for squat. 365 seems to be the magic number

6 sets of 3 with 455 on the back squat today. Not difficult but I just don’t want to do them <45>each rep is robotic in precision though

Doing #30 and I believe this program is designed for drugged athletes. Too much volume. Back to conjugate I go. Fucking bench work took an hour and now I can barely deadlift. Get the fuck outta here.

With two kids and soon to be two jobs, I need something shorter and sweeter than this.

Last edited:
Doing #30 and I believe this program is designed for drugged athletes. Too much volume. Back to conjugate I go. Fucking bench work took an hour and now I can barely deadlift. Get the fuck outta here.

With two kids and soon to be two jobs, I need something shorter and sweeter than this.
This is why I ran 29 back to back. I was able to do the warm ups for the next exercise during the working sets so I jumped from the last working set to the next working set. Still took an hour and a half

Sounds like you started with numbers that are too heavy.

It’s not the program, it’s you. I ran these programs for 14 months straight as a natural lifter.

Don’t blame the tool when you don’t know how to use it properly.

Sounds like you started with numbers that are too heavy.

It’s not the program, it’s you. I ran these programs for 14 months straight as a natural lifter.

Don’t blame the tool when you don’t know how to use it properly.
I tested maxes two weeks before I started this. Are you not supposed to use a true max to base the percentages off of?

I ended up just doing deadlifts in the afternoon after a meal and a nap. I also ready that #37 supposed to be after 29, not 30. I’ll admit I’ve been skipping rest days though which is dumb but who needs rest days?

I don’t think I’m going to waste my time helping you anymore. Best of luck with whichever program you choose to use and not follow.
I know the numbered programs are designed For specific athletes and following them to a T is not recommended. However I’ve been unable to find the routines you suggested.

Not only do I skip rest days but I also get 5 hours of sleep a night. So no, my recovery isn’t optimal.

@JimRussel i never lifted consecutive days, that would be lunacy. When I say I skipped a rest day I meant instead of taking the weekend off I’d just take off Saturday. I do agree that I perhaps started off with too heavy of weights. This is about technique mastery and shouldn’t be as taxing as it is.

Madcow

Not only do I skip rest days but I also get 5 hours of sleep a night. So no, my recovery isn’t optimal.

Let me guess your diet is inconsistent as well?

So because you dont rest and you dont sleep, the program is for drugged lifters? Interesting.

I dont have kids yet so i dont understand the struggles as a parent when it comes to lack of sleep, but if youre skipping rest days youve obviously got some sort of free time. Maybe a nap or another meal would have helped you more than skipping a rest day which leads to habitual underrecovery.

Let me guess your diet is inconsistent as well?

So because you dont rest and you dont sleep, the program is for drugged lifters? Interesting.

I dont have kids yet so i dont understand the struggles as a parent when it comes to lack of sleep, but if youre skipping rest days youve obviously got some sort of free time. Maybe a nap or another meal would have helped you more than skipping a rest day which leads to habitual underrecovery.

Don’t waste your time replying to this guy.

Surviving the deadlift volume has been made easier by actually learning how to deadlift rather than using all quads and spine to move the weight <45> now I’m leg pressin and hip Hinging and don’t even feel my lower back working at all.

Am I reading this right? You bench, then squat, then bench again during the same workout? Wtf? Never seen anything like it
Yes, Shieko is about volume accumulation through lifting frequency. Youll notice a very high amount of sets instead of reps, this keeps you fresh and allows more reps without technique breakdown. The program works great.

Yes, Shieko is about volume accumulation through lifting frequency. Youll notice a very high amount of sets instead of reps, this keeps you fresh and allows more reps without technique breakdown. The program works great.
Ive decided to take a Deload before starting the next number. Jumping from conjugate to Sheiko was a system shock. Not used to so much volume and am feeling a bit beat up.

If that #29 program has you feeling “a bit beat up”, then you either started too heavy or have absolutely terrible work capacity.

If that #29 program has you feeling “a bit beat up”, then you either started too heavy or have absolutely terrible work capacity.
First time I ran it the surge in volume gave me the old bodybuilding pump kind of feel again but it passed after a week.

I do agree that I perhaps started off with too heavy of weights. This is about technique mastery and shouldn’t be as taxing as it is.

You could also try using RPE instead of % on Sheiko. I know some people have done it. I believe Mike T from RTS made a sheiko template based on RPE instead of % based. Barbell Medicine also have some templates that are 4 day/week and high volume that uses RPE, although you have to pay for the template...

You probably didn’t really research the program beforehand starting it.

Sheiko allows for a +- of 5% training max on a given day if you are feeling beat up or conversely if you are feeling good.

If you are worried about which program to do I would recommend getting the free sheiko app put out by Boris Sheiko and it will give you the optimal program that you should be doing based on the input.

Also for deadlifts you don’t have to do all the variations and whatnot you can just do strictly conventional deadlifts one day a week

If I were just a powerlifter I would do this program in a heartbeat.

Back