Media Shavkat The Chad interview

I don't think Chimaev will get in the cage with ShavCHAD, dude will duck him that's for sure
He's not ducking anyone. But he's positioning himself for a title shot and that's when people get selective.
Shav finishes Neal and then how many wins till title shot?

He's not ducking anyone. But he's positioning himself for a title shot and that's when people get selective.
Asking former LW Burns to fight at MW makes no sense when top 10 MW Costa is calling him out. Shav getting a title shot depends on the UFC, he could be 1 or 2 fights away from it

UFC really needs to start pushing this guy.

He’s too honest and chill to be one of their promotional pawns, but he’s far too talented to keep under wraps.
I think he is being well managed.

Beat 3 dudes.. got fed Magny.. passed him and now he is fighting Neal who is ranked like 6. If (when) he wins there he should land a #1 contender fight.

Problem is... I don't think anybody in the top 5 not named Gilbert Burns will want to fight him.

First time I agree with you hahahah.
You and me both. Love Shavkat by the way, he's the champ in waiting imo. Personally, I believe he'll get another finish in this fight. Appreciate the write up as always, my friend.

Last edited:
He hasn't been hittable in years...The guy has improved a lot and is really polishing his game. He's been training with the right people too Kazakh and Kyrgz national boxing and wrestling teams and he was training with Usman a bit in the US. I don't know much about his gym in Kazakhstan but I know it's produced Asu Almbaev and him so it's probably pretty good. If anything Shavkat has looked very defensively sound, unlike Chimaev during his last 4 years. (Dude only just turned 28).

Librarian doing the lords work.

chimaev? The guy who was hit in 1/6 fights?

You and me both. Love Shavkat by the way, he's the champ in waiting imo. Personally, I believe he'll get another finish in this fight. Appreciate the write up as always, my friend.
Appreciate you always taking your time and commenting your compliments my brother Poirer. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Khamzat vs Shavkat needs to happen while both are undefeated and still in their prime. Once one of them loses, or comes out of their prime, the fight is no longer interesting. At least in the same way it is now. Now it has this incredible monster hype behind it with tons and tons and tons of potential.

If Shavkat finishes Geoff Neal, he should get a number 1 contenders fight and then a title shot, clearly. He will be 17-0 (5-0 UFC), 17 finishes and have back to back ranked wins. (Magny 12th, Neal 7th).

Im not sure if Khamzat makes 170lbs again or what's going on with him, I know the UFC wanted the make the Colby fight but it's also unclear what's going on with Colby. Belal called out Khamzat, Khamzat showed no interest meanwhile he's asking for a Burns rematch at 185lbs and a title shot vs Pereira. So I reckon if Khamzat continues to flounder and Shavkat finished Neal, Shavkat should face Colby or Belal next for a title shot.

Khamzat vs Shavkat needs to happen while both are undefeated and still in their prime. Once one of them loses, or comes out of their prime, the fight is no longer interesting. At least in the same way it is now. Now it has this incredible monster hype behind it with tons and tons and tons of potential.
My guess is that Chimaev seems uncomfortable trying to make 170 again. If that is the case, we may not see this fight until after its expiration date

he talks with action. 16-0 with 16 finishes. Anyone with half of that stats, fighting in the UFC would be tweeting and promoting himself.

the stats are very impressive but they are just that.....stats

it's the way he fights. he is patient, technical, high fight iq. reads and lures his opponents do to things he wants and capitalizes on any mistake.

straight up high level shit. totally different style compared to khamzat but shavkat is in my opinion super underrated

I got a feeling Colby is not fighting Khamzat. Make Colby vs Shavkat.

If Shavkat finishes Geoff Neal, he should get a number 1 contenders fight and then a title shot, clearly. He will be 17-0 (5-0 UFC), 17 finishes and have back to back ranked wins. (Magny 12th, Neal 7th).

Im not sure if Khamzat makes 170lbs again or what's going on with him, I know the UFC wanted the make the Colby fight but it's also unclear what's going on with Colby. Belal called out Khamzat, Khamzat showed no interest meanwhile he's asking for a Burns rematch at 185lbs and a title shot vs Pereira. So I reckon if Khamzat continues to flounder and Shavkat finished Neal, Shavkat should face Colby or Belal next for a title shot.
So title shot goes through Belal?
I dig that.
If it wasn't for Usman rematch I'd be okay with Belal getting the shot.
Fighters need to fight. They need to step up and make a play for the title shot. It's not just about a post fight call out. Zhat should message the UFC and request Belal for number 1 contender fight.
But his recent muscle gain is a concern.

Shavkat the Unassailable vs Emperor Lord Chad God Khamzat the Mighty with undefeated records intact is MMA Valhalla.

Obligatory Shavkat Rakhmonov Post:
images
images
images
images
images

I got a feeling Colby is not fighting Khamzat. Make Colby vs Shavkat.
If Colby wont fight Khamzat,I dont think he will fight Shavkat either. Say,what's Royce Gracie doing??
Maybe Colby can fight Royce.

Back