Media Shavkat The Chad interview

Crazy Librarian

僕は神だ
Banned
Reaction score

On Makhacev
first min

"Islam is good, I think he will be champion for a long time. Up until he leaves (smile)."

On who runs his twitter account
min 0:18

"Yes, he (his manager) tells me what he wants to post, I approve that and then he post."

On Geoff Neal
min 0:32

"He is a good striker, he's no.6 in the rankings for a reason. That's higher than me right now, so it is a good fight for me, a good test."

Training with Khabib
min 0:46

"I haven't thought about it yet, maybe in the future if the opportunity present itself. I'd be very interested to train with them, they have very good school."

1. Chimaev and Abubakar altercation interviewer said people wanted it to be him and Chimaev
2. Considering jumping the fence and joining the altercation
min 01:15

1."I was just observing it closely, what else could I do? I was not going to jump in and start fighting. I was just watching thats it.
2. "(Laughs), No, thats not what I do. I dont want to participate in that kind of stuff. If somebody had problems with me of course I would fight. But that's not my conflict so I was just watching from the sidelines."

Final Thoughts
Shavkat is a really chill person. I hope he can learn more English in the future so he can connect with the fans more. I really wanna see him vs Chimaev. Some poeple favor him, others favor Chimaev. Either way, would be a really good fight to see.

On Makhacev
first min

"Islam is good, I think he will be champion for a long time. Up until he leaves (smile)."

On who runs his twitter account
min 0:18

"Yes, he (his manager) tells me what he wants to post, I approve that and then he post."

On Geoff Neal
min 0:32

"He is a good striker, he's no.6 in the rankings for a reason. That's higher than me right now, so it is a good fight for me, a good test."

Training with Khabib
min 0:46

"I haven't thought about it yet, maybe in the future if the opportunity present itself. I'd be very interested to train with them, they have very good school."

1. Chimaev and Abubakar altercation interviewer said people wanted it to be him and Chimaev
2. Considering jumping the fence and joining the altercation
min 01:15

1."I was just observing it closely, what else could I do? I was not going to jump in and start fighting. I was just watching thats it.
2. "(Laughs), No, thats not what I do. I dont want to participate in that kind of stuff. If somebody had problems with me of course I would fight. But that's not my conflict so I was just watching from the sidelines."

Final Thoughts
Shavkat is a really chill person. I hope he can learn more English in the future so he can connect with the fans more. I really wanna see him vs Chimaev. Some poeple favor him, others favor Chimaev. Either way, would be a really good fight to see.

Damn, CL workin’ overtime with some good threads.

He has been hittable and if Neal connects,he can Crack.

He hasn't been hittable in years...The guy has improved a lot and is really polishing his game. He's been training with the right people too Kazakh and Kyrgz national boxing and wrestling teams and he was training with Usman a bit in the US. I don't know much about his gym in Kazakhstan but I know it's produced Asu Almbaev and him so it's probably pretty good. If anything Shavkat has looked very defensively sound, unlike Chimaev during his last 4 years. (Dude only just turned 28).

Librarian doing the lords work.

He hasn't been hittable in years...The guy has improved a lot and is really polishing his game. He's been training with the right people too Kazakh and Kyrgz national boxing and wrestling teams and he was training with Usman a bit in the US. I don't know much about his gym in Kazakhstan but I know it's produced Asu Almbaev and him so it's probably pretty good. If anything Shavkat has looked very defensively sound, unlike Chimaev during his last 4 years. (Dude only just turned 28).

Librarian doing the lords work.
so-cute.gif

I am excited to see how far he goes, the potential is there.

I don't think Chimaev will get in the cage with ShavCHAD, dude will duck him that's for sure

Back