Shakur Stevenson vs Oscar Valdez April.30th ESPN

Gonna have to take Shakur via decision like a number of you.

Valdez looked poor, borderline really poor last fight and Shakur has only been heating up. Think I'll put up a parlay for that weekend.

Head to head vs Dazn Taylor vs Amanda

Isnt that the coffee guy?

Sadly, zero risk Shakur can dance his way to the UD.

I know i didn't give Valdez a shot against Berchelt but i don't see him doing much here. Berchelt looked like he needs to retire recently, and Valdez was on his way to losing to Conceicao had Conceicao not gone on auto-pilot and cruised to a loss.

Valdez looked mediocre before Berchelt and he has since. He was fueled by doubters and his fellow countrymen in that one, and maybe he will find that again here. Here's hoping.

for the love of god shakur, pull the trigger in this one.

Saying Shakur wins via UD isn't exactly groundbreaking stuff, the guy's skillset is unmatched around those weight classes and is probably the best "boxer" right now at that size. We know the style required to beat someone like Shakur, the problem is I don't think Valdez has that style in him, he can be aggressive and he loves to spam his left hook but he isn't active enough and Shakur will dance around him. It's going to take some serious soul searching, lip biting, pride swallowing and listening to Reynoso to get a win here, because he is going to have to do something he never does to be able to beat Shakur.

I do believe he has the heart to do so though.

Back