shadowboxing for conditioning

nothinbutMHS

Orange Belt
Reaction score
another question for you guys

as i've said on these forums before, i'm sorta stranded in california with no training partners for the summer. however, it's a goal of mine to get back into training when i get home, and i don't want to be wheezing through all my workouts. as such, i've been trying to keep on my conditioning while here.

how good is shadowboxing for fight conditioning? as is, i usually do 5-6, 5-minute rounds with a minute break in between (usually on the break i'll also do some kb swings, burpees, sprints, or push-ups). does the lack of pads to hit make this not-so-effective for actual fight conditioning? is there anything i should be doing to kick the workout up? i usually throw in sprawls and mountain climbers in each round, as well.

Shadow boxing is typically low intensity. Yes not hitting pads takes away from intensity. Shadow boxing is for generating continuous combos and developing concentration. The kb swings and pushups etc... are good. Try shadow boxing with 2-5lbs db's in hand and do it with control so you don't hurt your joints, that will increase intensity a bit.

i actually did a class at bas' gym to those cd's and that's really where this question came from. i didn't know they were commercially available...thanks!

The Bas Cd's are good. It also has the all around workout in there. IMO, those are a must have tool for conditioning if you train at home alone. I've used them A LOT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back