Setting up a tv. Need a little help.

So I got a new Sharp Roku TV. Nothing fancy. Should be easy to set up. However, it won’t receive a signal from my DirectTV box (which is plugged in via HDMI). I know DirectTV is working because other TVs are working just fine.
I’ve tried all HDMI ports and new HDMI cables.
I’ve tried resetting everything.
I’m pretty much out of ideas so if anyone has suggestions I’m all ears.
Are you certain your new TV has an HDMI Arc port? Most TVs have a lot of HDMI ports, but only have one HDMI-Arc port, and probably some have none.

I'm not sure if the DirecTV box requires this port for passthrough.

Are you certain your new TV has an HDMI Arc port? Most TVs have a lot of HDMI ports, but only have one HDMI-Arc port, and probably some have none.
I'm not sure if the DirecTV box requires this port for passthrough.
It does have an Arc port. I’ve tried it, but I’ll try again. I’m going to unplug everything and start over.

Pull it out and get a friend to blow on it then shove it back in

Nintendo taught you everything you ever need to know about long lasting connections.

I’m completely invested in this mission.

I can provide air cover. And linguine marinara.

flip the cable around works every time

I drive 2 hours last month to help my uncle because his TV wasn't working. Turns out he bought a new HDMI cable and installed in backwards. Took 5 minutes to figure out and fix.

Have you tried plugging another device into the tv ? Eg a games console ir dvd player via hdmi?

Does this get a picture?

Have you tried plugging another device into the tv ? Eg a games console ir dvd player via hdmi?

Does this get a picture?
I’m about to try that. My Xbox last week so I’ll be replacing it today I think. We’ll see how it goes!

I’m about to try that. My Xbox last week so I’ll be replacing it today I think. We’ll see how it goes!

Its a process of elimination ..

You need to find the weak link ..

Pull it out and get a friend to blow on it then shove it back in

Nintendo taught you everything you ever need to know about long lasting connections.
You talking HDMI cable or weiner?

Disable all lotion smoothing
Disable all dynamc contrast/backlight

I have to bump this thread to try and get some help.

I have a new(old) tv. It's a 50 inch LG. Model # 55ls4500-ud.

My problem with it is there are 2 flashing white stripes going parallel on the tv.

I don't know how to fix it. I'm not opening the damn tv up, that's out of my depth.

Help.

Back