Serious question.. is Mighty Mouse even good at all?

drug abuse at esports is even much much more rampant. Otherwise they dont even get through their training days.
Try sitting in front of your computer screen and play games for 8-10h / day for a week and now think about that these guys are doing that day in day out. These are braindead zombies pumped up with more drugs than Jon Jones. They get massive sleep deprivation from melatonin disorder, neurosynaptic overload....etc.

The big difference to traditional sports is that e"sports" is not healthy but literally fries your brain for good. In most games you are a reaction time monkey .

Its a true sign of retardation when e"sports" take over public interest. The negative effects are published and documented.

I'm not into watching video game streamers at all (and I'm a pretty hardcore gamer), but I don't see it as too much different than spending your time watching streams of people fighting each other. Some particular streamers I don't get the appeal of at all, but watching people do something you're interested in at a high level (or at least an entertaining one)? I don't see anything egregiously bad about it.

The main difference I see is that any idiot can push a few buttons on their keyboard or joystick. Why not just play the games instead?

Fighting takes tremendous effort and you put your own health and your opponents at risk every time you step into the cage or ring

Most Sherdoggers are only at risk of giving their opponent CTE but we're compassionate people so we just watch instead

The main difference I see is that any idiot can push a few buttons on their keyboard or joystick. Why not just play the games instead?

Fighting takes tremendous effort and you put your own health and your opponents at risk every time you step into the cage or ring

Most Sherdoggers are only at risk of giving their opponent CTE but we're compassionate people so we just watch instead

Hey I'm with you in the sense that I'd rather just play games than watch others play them. I'm also with you about fighting being a much bigger risk than playing games, and therefore it's easier to just watch it and not do it (I always say you have to be kinda crazy to want to be a pro fighter). But at the same time I can't ignore the skill I've seen from some of these gamers. I've watched fighting game tournaments and just matches between pros and I flat out can't see or do the shit they do, at least not without some very diligent and dedicated training. A lot of these dudes get hooked on drugs to have the wherewithal to train and perform at the level they need to in order to be high level, and if that ain't like pro sports I dunno what is haha. I used to be moderately deep in the fighting game community (to the point where I would've considered myself decent) and it's 100% a legit skill when it comes to being good at them; strategically you can make many parallels to actual fighting strategy in terms of making reads, feinting, setups, distance management, timing, etc. It's not at all just pushing buttons, they legit train for this shit and develop their eyes and muscle memory in the same way a lot of athletes do. Just obviously not in the true athletic sense because they're not doing a physical activity.

Some watch streamers because they find the streamers themselves legitimately entertaining, some do it to see a game that they'll otherwise not get to themselves, and others do it because they actually learn skills and tactics from them. I've definitely seen people who just kinda zone out to some shitty streamers, and that I don't get at all. But I don't think watching video game streamers is deserving of ridicule across the board. And if you're wondering how I know so much about it despite saying earlier that I'm not into it, I teach game design so a lot of this info I'm getting from observing or discussing with my students; I've definitely talked shit to them about watching some random dude play a game rather than playing it themselves haha.

Back