• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****serious gun thread***

No we can't get an AK or any of its variants up here. You can get something like this though:

Picture013.jpg

what is that? it looks like crap

You guys can't get AK's in Canada? We can get them here so long as it's not fully automatic.

Can you legally own an AK-47 or any of its variants in Canada?

No, AKs are prohibited here, as is anything that is easily converted.

I think the cool stuff you can own here that people talk about are extremely short barreled shotguns.

There are commercially available, non-restricted shotguns here with 8" barrels. They just have to have an overall length of 26" or more (no pistol grip if you want to keep the non-restricted status).

Other than that our gun laws are pretty restrictive.

I'm pretty sure you can get full autos in the US. It just depends on what state you're in and the type of license you have.

There are people here who travel to ranges down there and fire full autos on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure you can get full autos in the US. It just depends on what state you're in and the type of license you have.

There are people here who travel to ranges down there and fire full autos on a regular basis.

The laws in the US regarding full auto firearms are really strict. Not that there is much need to own on in the first place.

not sure what state that is. I know there is 1 or 2 states that you can buy full auto guns with no licences. i know we can buy rifles out right

The US Military also passed on Dragon Skin body armor, in favor of their own interceptor which is FAR inferior to the DS.

Not to say that theyre wrong to not purchase the XM-8(i haven't watched the videos) I'm just saying our military has made some stupid decisions on equipment and training(and of course other things like invading Afghanistan for instance, wtf?). I also like how they made Marines do bayonett drills when the bayonett has been out of use for 50+ years, lol. They quit this practice, however.

DS is awesome
but they did some field testing
when deployed to a few units in Afghanistan (I think), the glue that held the "Scales" together began to fall apart. It was deemed unsafe for fielding to all units.

Getting back to the XM8
I think it was canned because the polymer handguard began to melt after a few thousand rounds

DS is awesome
but they did some field testing
when deployed to a few units in Afghanistan (I think), the glue that held the "Scales" together began to fall apart. It was deemed unsafe for fielding to all units.

Getting back to the XM8
I think it was canned because the polymer handguard began to melt after a few thousand rounds

Gay they should try and perfect that. I like the gun..we need something Futurist :icon_chee

For those who like the AR15, Robinson released something better. For some reason the military didn't pick it up, but it's piston driven and supposedly a very fine gun for the money.

robinson_arms_xcr_folding_stock.jpg

I hate to be the guy who says it but this "Serious Gun Thread" is a serious gun fail. There's an entire forum for this. And the rifle you posted has been canceled which sucks because I was interested in testing that gun out.

I hate to be the guy who says it but this "Serious Gun Thread" is a serious gun fail. There's an entire forum for this. And the rifle you posted has been canceled which sucks because I was interested in testing that gun out.

I take your in the military

I am, and an avid gun fan who can tell you exactly what you should purchase before going out there and purchasing a rifle based on "how bad it looks."

Its not me who wants it, but i am interested to hear what its like. The person who wants it is a friend of mine. He wants a rifle different from the Ak or Ar series guns.

BTW how do you test get to test those? Do you sign a sheet or something?

Its not me who wants it, but i am interested to hear what its like. The person who wants it is a friend of mine. He wants a rifle different from the Ak or Ar series guns.

BTW how do you test get to test those? Do you sign a sheet or something?

LOL kinda wish I was one of the lucky ones to test those but no those were canceled quite awhile ago. So only a few people on this planet really got to see what it was like.

Well my first question is where does your buddy live? Second has your buddy shot an AR or an AK?

LOL kinda wish I was one of the lucky ones to test those but no those were canceled quite awhile ago. So only a few people on this planet really got to see what it was like.

Well my first question is where does your buddy live? Second has your buddy shot an AR or an AK?

He has shot both. He lives in Tx plano

He has shot both. He lives in Tx plano

Oh man, he has the world of firearms open to him. When I was in Fort Hood I remember how easy it was to get anything from a G3 to a Deagle at the local pawn shop.

Oh man, he has the world of firearms open to him. When I was in Fort Hood I remember how easy it was to get anything from a G3 to a Deagle at the local pawn shop.

i dont think he will do that. I have seen some full autos in pawn shops in D-town pawn shops. How many guns do you got?

Back