• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****serious gun thread***

Im now in the process of applying for my concealed weapons license =] fuck yeah

my dad got one in Florida. i heard its harder down there.

Yeah im not even 21yet but i have to apply several months before so i can get it atleast a few months after my birthday. The worst thing is getting pulled over when your armed because once they ask if you have any weapons and you say your armed they instantly give you trouble

031537l.jpg

want it!

Forget about the XM8, it's dead in the water. It's been like that for a few years, General Dynamics owns the rights now. There was nothing wrong with the gun, just that the army couldn't make up it's mind from the OICW project and just ordered more M4 carbines.

What the army should do is make the FN SCAR general issue.

Can you legally own an AK-47 or any of its variants in Canada?

i always woundered what the laws were like up there. i heard you can own cooler guns up there.

I have no idea about the laws. I was hoping maybe someone could give me some insight.

What are you trying to be a modern day crocket?

was he the one with the funny hat?

sorry I don't know what he did other then being a hunter, which I am

I don't need/want guns for selfdefense. a revolver would be fun but I am not losing sleep over it.

It would be for boar hunting that really is blowing up here now. huge increase in animals and they are starting to become a nuisance. I have a bolt action but I feel I can only do certain kinds of hunting with that really. I want to do the more fast paced one with short driving dogs (if I had my way I would be hunting with dogos but that is illegal)

I want the fast second shot. they are faster then you think. show little signs of being hit and generally just hard to put down

And wouldn't hurt for bear hunting either

was he the one with the funny hat?

sorry I don't know what he did other then being a hunter, which I am

I don't need/want guns for selfdefense. a revolver would be fun but I am not losing sleep over it.

It would be for boar hunting that really is blowing up here now. huge increase in animals and they are starting to become a nuisance. I have a bolt action but I feel I can only do certain kinds of hunting with that really. I want to do the more fast paced one with short driving dogs (if I had my way I would be hunting with dogos but that is illegal)

I want the fast second shot. they are faster then you think. show little signs of being hit and generally just hard to put down

And wouldn't hurt for bear hunting either

AK 47 "CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND NICKLE & GOLD" : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

this looks freakin awesome.

I haven't seen a Marine carrying an M16 in 5 years. Hell, even the Air Force is carrying M4's.

Interesting.

Quote from Gen. James Conway, Commandant, USMC on calls to replace the Marines' M16A4 rifle with the M4 carbine.

"Marines like that M4 carbine because it looks cool. And I've had some Marines complain to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff saying 'you know, the officers are getting these things, but we're still having to carry this rifle.' Well, the Marine Corps will always be a rifle Marine Corps. The carbine is an extension of the pistol, not a reduction of a rifle. And in the Afghanistan scenario where you're shooting long distances you gotta be able to reach out and touch 'em. And a carbine is just not designed to do that."

I have no idea about the laws. I was hoping maybe someone could give me some insight.

No we can't get an AK or any of its variants up here. You can get something like this though:

Picture013.jpg

Back