• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Serious discussion: If you think Conor plausibly beats Floyd, explain how

He has a teeny tiny chance of landing a clean punch on a showboating Floyd.

But odds are he is outboxed and embarrassed for a few rounds before being TKOd.

But he's doing this for the money so he won't mind too much.

Well, I mean I can see how you see him as competitive. But the man would shoot himself in the head or retire before facing Khabib because we all know what will happen.....so I dont see why he would face Floyd with intentions of winning when there's people in his own sport and weight class who's never won a title that he's scared to face. Wants a 3rd Diaz fight instead of an Aldo rematch even, and it's no secret that Nate loses to well....everybody which makes sense to me why he lobbies for easier fights. Just makes no sense that he would duck all the hard MMA fights then go against the greatest undefeated boxer of this generation after knowing himself he does poorly in boxing sparring. It just doesnt add up.

Also take into account he is a fan of having fights where he has nothing to lose or excuses lined up. Which is why he won't even fight Nate at LW because he couldn't use the excuse its a bigger weight class nor could he lose his belt. That's all.

Have to disagree mostly.He has tried to fight Aldo like twice since he beat him and Aldo pulls out. Diaz is always a tough. Not to mention, look at what Conor did to the 155 champ when he got that shot.

Unorthodox, has no chance boxing traditional

He punches him in the face....

you just said "plausible."

Just KO Mayweather with a headkick and take the DQ loss imo

Have to disagree mostly.He has tried to fight Aldo like twice since he beat him and Aldo pulls out. Diaz is always a tough. Not to mention, look at what Conor did to the 155 champ when he got that shot.
That's fine. You don't have off the wall points like most Conor fans.

Diaz being "tough" doesn't mean much because Roy Nelson is also always tough. But about same calibre fighter as Nate.

I haven't looked into much Aldo ducking rumors or talk. Iirc it would have been short notice or something but could be wrong. He for sure wanted an immediate rematch.

Yea he beat the current LW champ but it was Eddie. I wouldn't see him beating RDA if that fight happened as planned but wasn't Conors fault. He and Bisping have a similiary lucky title imo. The stars aligned and it happened. But neither have a good chance of actually defending that title. It reminds me of Chael throwing his name in to face Jones. Yea he sounded confident but we all knew what was going to go down. Chael included.

Conor has great accuracy, range, timing and confidence. Obviously Floyds boxing timing is impeccable by comparison with all the same stuff. That's one of the weird things that could work in Conor's favour. Floyd is used to boxing rythm. It's second nature to him. Sometimes the subtle differences make a big difference.

Floyd expects that his mastery of one style is superior to Conor's partial training in boxing. Arrogance has been the downfall of many people.

Age. Mayweather is no spring chicken and Conor is in his prime

Nerves. Conor loses, he was supposed to. Floyd loses, he's embarrassed the sport of boxing. Conor goes in with not a care in world, while Mayweather has an entire sport to carry.

Then, plain old circumstances. Sometimes the ducks line up for the under dog and epic moments are made.

*edit* Floyd is the clear favourite. I won't dispute that. I'm just throwing out points on how Conor could pull it off.

Conor has great accuracy, range, timing and confidence. Obviously Floyds boxing timing is impeccable by comparison with all the same stuff. That's one of the weird things that could work in Conor's favour. Floyd is used to boxing rythm. It's second nature to him. Sometimes the subtle differences make a big difference.

Floyd expects that his mastery of one style is superior to Conor's partial training in boxing. Arrogance has been the downfall of many people.

Age. Mayweather is no spring chicken and Conor is in his prime

Nerves. Conor loses, he was supposed to. Floyd loses, he's embarrassed the sport of boxing. Conor goes in with not a care in world, while Mayweather has an entire sport to carry.

Then, plain old circumstances. Sometimes the ducks line up for the under dog and epic moments are made.

*edit* Floyd is the clear favourite. I won't dispute that. I'm just throwing out points on how Conor could pull it off.

Great post and nicely thought out. Similar factors just make me wonder about the outcome. Connor win just doesn't seem insane to.me.

Only scenario I can think of is disqualification. Other than that, Conor loses to Floyd 100% in a boxing match.

You really think so? I think Conor is more of a winner than that. If he didn't think he could do it, I don't think he would.

I agree. I think he seriously thinks he will win.

Only way he could win is catching Floyd early, imo.

Back Mayweather into the ropes/corner and unload a right left combo to the jaw. Then pray for the best!!!

Mentally break him and make Floyd get aggressive to make a point and the smaller, 40 year old boxer gets countered to another dimension

Back