Serial Killers: Why keep them in jail?

Death to pedophiles. idgaf if it's "inhumane" and I don't buy into that bullshit that they can be reformed. I don't even give a fuck if that can be done successfully. Once you destroy a child's life in such a vile manner, you deserve nothing but pain and death. Let them rot.

......assume you mean child rapist, not paedophile.

Only a perfect justice system should be given the right to enact perfect justice.

My question is why the "government can't do anything right" crowd is so all in on giving the government the right to kill citizens.

Risky though, theres always the what if they didn't do it potential.

I don't think the TS is arguing that it's a deterrent. He's arguing it's wasting tax payer dollars keeping them alive.

He did say: 'Maybe that'll help prevent others from wanting to do what they do'. Also, i could be wrong but im sure it costs a shitload to execute people (in the US at least). Maybe it would be cheaper to drop them off in the Amazon etc. but i still dont think that would deter these people. Theres often a twisted sexual drive behind a lot of these serial killer cases: they gain sexual fulfilment during the physical act of taking the victims life/torture. These kind of people will risk it all when something that strong is compelling them. There really is no deterrant for that; just better detection/prevention to stop them getting too far.

Try story I was driving 100 in an 80 and I thought I ran over a duck today

I left a skid on the pavement and drive over it trying to keep it in the center

I legit cried at the thought of hurting this animal. Even stayed on the scene for a bit to see if it was around

Hopefully it's fine but my heart

Skin them and roll them in salt while listening to twelve foot ninja on repeat

I've followed true crime stories all my life and one facet of it which baffles me is why they let serial Killers live out their days to die a natural death on tax payer dollars?

I understand keeping them alive for a bit in order to find remains, get more information, etc, but some of these savages lead otherwise decent lives behind bars while theres people on the outside who don't get 3 square meals a day.

Why not just pick a place in the Amazon rain forrest, lather their bodies with some bbq sauce n honey and let the creatures deal with them. Serial rapist and serial pedos can get the same treatment. Maybe that'll help prevent others from wanting to do what they do.

No, I don't have any remorse or tolerance for these scum and they don't deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us.

Because our criminal justice system is highly flawed and we can't ensure that juries or prosecutors are living up to the standards we expect from them. Dude was just released today after 15 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. Historically a significant number of executions in the United States have gone through on citizens who were later found to have weak cases against them or were actually innocent.

Plus prison is living hell. Executing someone puts them out of their misery. Why not let them suffer in prison and if for some crazy reason it turns out they were innocent then we can try to fix things.

It's one thing if you're gunning someone down in the heat of the moment. It's another to straight up execute someone. I'm not entirely against the death penalty, but I don't think the standards for reasonable doubt are being met yet. It's better with cameras and DNA, but it's not a perfect system.

You already know why. Because a lot of people oppose executions.

I don't think the TS is arguing that it's a deterrent. He's arguing it's wasting tax payer dollars keeping them alive.
Which also isn't really a logical argument, as the appeals process is so lengthy and expensive it's more costly to kill them than it is to keep them alive. I wish we could just throw them into a pit of spikes but the law doesn't allow it.

When someone is found guilty of killing multiple people i.e is a serial killer, they should be executed immediately after conviction. Have a room in the back of the court where they are shot dead instantly and removed from society.
Like in

upload_2020-11-14_21-27-40.gif

Because our criminal justice system is highly flawed and we can't ensure that juries or prosecutors are living up to the standards we expect from them. Dude was just released today after 15 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. Historically a significant number of executions in the United States have gone through on citizens who were later found to have weak cases against them or were actually innocent.

Plus prison is living hell. Executing someone puts them out of their misery. Why not let them suffer in prison and if for some crazy reason it turns out they were innocent then we can try to fix things.

It's one thing if you're gunning someone down in the heat of the moment. It's another to straight up execute someone. I'm not entirely against the death penalty, but I don't think the standards for reasonable doubt are being met yet. It's better with cameras and DNA, but it's not a perfect system.

Serial Killers are a different beast. Some of them don't get put in general population with everyone else, some get their own perks in exchange for information or cooperation with authorities. I've read and understand that some of these guys actually get a kick out of reliving past murders and few even continue to torment victims families from behind prison cells via letters, interviews, etc. I've heard cases where certain ones got married, fathered children and even some who "found God" and became mentors to other prisoners.

Serial Killers themselves will tell you if they ever broke free they would most likely do it again.... We know it's damn near impossible for that to happen but really, why take that chance and why give them the pleasure of reliving those moments out in their heads. On tax payer dollars no less. There are people who don't have a bed to sleep on or food to eat but those scum do.

Theres a few reasons.

Which also isn't really a logical argument, as the appeals process is so lengthy and expensive it's more costly to kill them than it is to keep them alive. I wish we could just throw them into a pit of spikes but the law doesn't allow it.

That's what I pretty much proposed. Do away with them immediately, painfully if possible.

That's what I pretty much proposed. Do away with them immediately, painfully if possible.
Would be nice but we're a LONG way from changing the legal system enough for that.

a+silence+of+the+lambs+SILENCE_LAMBS_D1-7.jpg

Put them in an acrylic cage in the basement of an insane asylum.

Serial Killers are a different beast. Some of them don't get put in general population with everyone else, some get their own perks in exchange for information or cooperation with authorities. I've read and understand that some of these guys actually get a kick out of reliving past murders and few even continue to torment victims families from behind prison cells via letters, interviews, etc. I've heard cases where certain ones got married, fathered children and even some who "found God" and became mentors to other prisoners.

Serial Killers themselves will tell you if they ever broke free they would most likely do it again.... We know it's damn near impossible for that to happen but really, why take that chance and why give them the pleasure of reliving those moments out in their heads. On tax payer dollars no less. There are people who don't have a bed to sleep on or food to eat but those scum do.

Theres a few reasons.

I can assure you that serial killers are still pretty damn miserable in prison. Killing them would be an end to their suffering. Throw them bitches in a supermax and let them disappear from society.

Because Hannibal Lecter helps them catch other killers

If they're gonna keep them alive they should at least use them for hard labour so society can benefit somehow

I say, use them for medical testing, we could also work on spotting them earlier if we understood them better and any possible genetic markers.

Back