Serial Killers: Why keep them in jail?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Ezekiel 25:17, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Ezekiel 25:17 Purple Belt

I've followed true crime stories all my life and one facet of it which baffles me is why they let serial Killers live out their days to die a natural death on tax payer dollars?

I understand keeping them alive for a bit in order to find remains, get more information, etc, but some of these savages lead otherwise decent lives behind bars while theres people on the outside who don't get 3 square meals a day.

Why not just pick a place in the Amazon rain forrest, lather their bodies with some bbq sauce n honey and let the creatures deal with them. Serial rapist and serial pedos can get the same treatment. Maybe that'll help prevent others from wanting to do what they do.

No, I don't have any remorse or tolerance for these scum and they don't deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us.

2. Rocco Siffredi Yellow Card Yellow Card

3. eighterumg5 Brown Belt

<{jackyeah}>

THEfightsAREfixed likes this.
  4. Jesus X Hunter eyes

mods please move this thread to the serial killer subforum

5. Kardashians ☆ sitting on the moon ☽

Death to pedophiles. idgaf if it's "inhumane" and I don't buy into that bullshit that they can be reformed. I don't even give a fuck if that can be done successfully. Once you destroy a child's life in such a vile manner, you deserve nothing but pain and death. Let them rot.

6. MoparOrNoCar Red Belt

Because people tend to have empathy for other people, no matter how bad they are, as long as they don't affect their lives.

Serial killers kill other people's family members so it's easy to say from the outside looking in that it's inhumane to treat them with an eye for an eye.

7. Ezekiel 25:17 Purple Belt

Ya but... You know... They are not people, we call them monsters. Hell I've heard interviews of some who called themselves monsters. Humans are a confused species anyway so it makes some sense.

8. moreorless87 Straba

Death to Smoochy

ClubFoot likes this.
  9. Smokes Black Belt

One of them did his best work in the jungle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_López_(serial_killer)

[​IMG]

He killed bout 350.

Chesten_Hesten likes this.
  10. The Audience Blue Belt

Dont think the death penalty is a deterrant. These kind of people are so fucked, whatever compels them to do these things im sure makes them completely oblivious to the consequences anyway. If it was up to me, theyd just be locked up in isolation with the good book for 23hrs a day; day after day of complete emptyness -make them have to live with their crimes, the same way the families do. Thankfully i would suggest its much harder to get away with theese types of crimes nowadays, and youre more likely to see mass/spree killings.

11. Hitman81 Silver Belt

Because most of them are cowards and take plea deals to admit guilt or provide additional information like body locations to avoid the death penalty.

I'd be fine if we went ahead and killed them anyways and didn't tell anyone but not going to happen in America.

Fedorgasm likes this.
  12. Kingz Gold Belt

Guarantee he’s got more than that. He’s been out of prison for over 20 years and nobody knows where he is. He seemed pretty proud of his crimes so I doubt he stopped. Likely just moved to another poor small South American village and kept going.

13. Ezekiel 25:17 Purple Belt

Smokes likes this.
  14. newjerseynick Chef de queso a la parrilla y hombre lobo Platinum Member

They can totally be reformed but usually don't survive the process.
    Like this gentleman who has been reformed as a bicycle. 590d41c046a26fa157cf0f162690e24b.jpg

15. Bacco Silver Belt

I'm not in favor of childish fantasy shit like feed them to animals or something

Said that a "clean" pratical death sentence should be spammed waaay more often in whole west (we don't even have it here), there are plenty of cases where value of life is bit overrated

mon and Project 2501 like this.
  16. thehighking Red Belt

When someone is found guilty of killing multiple people i.e is a serial killer, they should be executed immediately after conviction. Have a room in the back of the court where they are shot dead instantly and removed from society.

17. Alphaboy Silver Belt

The simple answer is: "Because that's not how the law works."

I think we have a blood-thirsty, punitive society. Which isn't a bad thing in moderation, but for every person who thinks we should behead anyone convicted of a crime, there is a person getting out of jail after 20 years from a false-imprisonment charge.

cigano and Aegon Spengler like this.
  18. Kardashians ☆ sitting on the moon ☽

It's the one good thing school shooters do. They put a bullet into their fucking heads. Just too bad they couldn't have done that BEFORE killing innocent people. Disgusting cowards.

KnightTemplar and thehighking like this.
  19. rj144 Gold Belt

I think the most logical argument is that they are legit crazy with chemical inbalances. The states treat them almost like having a physical deformity and won't kill them for that reason.

20. rj144 Gold Belt

I don't think the TS is arguing that it's a deterrent. He's arguing it's wasting tax payer dollars keeping them alive.