serge nubret

cnra

White Belt
Reaction score
i was reading an article on this guy, one of the "fathers of bodybuilding", and apparently he worked his chest every 2nd day with an average of 200 reps on the benchpress and still managed to gain. this goes against almost everything ive read about overtraining, etc. was i reading bullshit?

i wasnt discussing bodybuilding, i just wondering how someone who does 200 reps can make big gains :p

cnra said:
i wasnt discussing bodybuilding, i just wondering how someone who does 200 reps can make big gains :p

Freakshow genetics and chemical enhancement.

Little known fact about Nubret...he did hardcore filmwork in France.

ya 200 reps and gaining isnt logical for most people

but theres always the exception, like this monster

cabal said:
He has a great fit body.

Hmmm, not very long ago this would have been called tEh UbErGhEy on this board. Now it's merely "wrong forum".

FUCK ALL

urban needs some henchmen when he's not around...

it has nothing to do with mma because its a strength and power discussion. would you like me to point you in the direction of the other forums?

Serge Nubret was a great body builder, but thats beside the point, because you're right, this is strength and power. His training was based around physique. His gains were intended to be in his biceps, not his deadlift. As strong as he may or may not be. Unless you were using the word "gain", as a way to describe a bodybuilders efforts in strength training, this is off topic. Seeing that the reference to his stupid high volume was to his chest, I doubt it...

ah i didnt mean for it to come off as a bodybuilding question

Back