• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Serena Williams destroys RACISM and SEXISM "We have so much further to go" WOW

She wont be satisfied until all of white people are bound in chains and relieved of all of their possessions to be distributed to black people because of slavery.

hio Stick man,

errrr....her fiance is white.

- IGIT

Sure, they may even be over-represented in sports and entertainment, but again I don't really think these elite outliers tell us much about the state of racism/sexism. They can very well exist, and have historically, despite institutional barriers against their race and/or gender.

Yeah me neither, just like I don't think Bhutto or Gandhi were elected in their respective countries because of how progressive their electorates were. If anything my tentative hypothesis is that the rise of women in politics is potentially a sign of corruption but that's a conversation for another thread I suppose.
Point being, if sexism and racism were such prevalent problems, then minorities wouldn't have the opportunity to achieve that outlier status. I'm not saying that we've reached some sort of egalitarian utopia, btw. But it's undeniable that the structures are in place to guarantee equal opportunities by law, or at the very least there is no apparatus in place to deliberately hinder their chances. That is not so in your examples of Jews in Islamic societies, or even womens opportunities in honor cultures.

Interesting hypothesis. I'd be interested to hear it if you have it all hammered out, and when the opportunity presents itself. Jimmies might be rustled, and feminazis might explode. Looking forward to hearing it. :D

hi Co-Co Zola,

Ilie should really know better.

he's not some eastern European peasant who hasn't been out of the country - he's a former world number 1 ranked player who has travelled the world.

granted, he was an ass in his youth when he ruled the circuit...i guess he just aged into a senior citizen ass.

a pretty tasteless comment by him, considering he's representing his country as the Federation Cup Captain.

- IGIT

Yeah I agree man.

My point was, as a 70 year old Romanian. He doesn't represent 'society', certainly not the 'society' of the USA in 2017 (or looking further forward into the future). He's very much of another generation and a product of a different nation. Even after all this...he's an individual with his own opinions. Serena's comments on society having much more to do are wrong in my opinion because, at the end of the day, their will always be solitary racists/sexists regardless of what 'society' does. She used this comment as a bit of an song and dance about how sexism and racism are still so prevalent. When in this case, almost everyone agrees the comments were stupid, tasteless and odd.

his nickname is Nasty, isn't it?

hello Fedorable,

yep, it sure is.

he was a great player in his day...and made a name for himself by acting like a complete ass. a precursor to John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors.

- IGIT

herro Co-Co Zola,

Yeah I agree man.

My point was, as a 70 year old Romanian. He doesn't represent 'society', certainly not the 'society' of the USA in 2017 (or looking further forward into the future). He's very much of another generation and a product of a different nation. Even after all this...he's an individual with his own opinions.

i don't disagree, really.

Ilie is a really old guy, from another era - i'm usually ok with folks who are senior citizens making oddball/insensitive remarks regarding ethnicity. one day we'll all be old and out of touch too, and i hope society forgives us for our own decrepitude.

it's just in his role as the Federation Cup Captain of his country, he's probably gotta go for saying stuff like that.

Serena's comments on society having much more to do are wrong in my opinion because, at the end of the day, their will always be solitary racists/sexists regardless of what 'society' does. She used this comment as a bit of an song and dance about how sexism and racism are still so prevalent. When in this case, almost everyone agrees the comments were stupid, tasteless and odd.

she is probably the greatest athlete of our generation and has put up with a tremendous amount of shit during her career for being;

a) black

b) physically dominant

she probably has just had enough of it.

- IGIT

Point being, if sexism and racism were such prevalent problems, then minorities wouldn't have the opportunity to achieve that outlier status. I'm not saying that we've reached some sort of egalitarian utopia, btw. But it's undeniable that the structures are in place to guarantee equal opportunities by law, or at the very least there is no apparatus in place to deliberately hinder their chances. That is not so in your examples of Jews in Islamic societies, or even womens opportunities in honor cultures.
History would seem to disagree with you. As I said before the phenomenon of black success, especially within sports, predates the legal equality of blacks and whites by decades. I think we'd both agree racism was a prevalent problem during the 30s and 40s when Joe Louis was a dominant HW champ and when Jack Johnson did the same 30 years earlier and yet that didn't stop each from clawing their way to the top of their sport.

Sure, its not fair to compare America today to America in 1950 or 1830. But just because we're a lot better now doesn't mean there isn't a ways to go. Which is not to say we're very racist or whatever, just that I think the jury is still out and that Selena being on the cover of magazines doesn't change that.
Interesting hypothesis. I'd be interested to hear it if you have it all hammered out, and when the opportunity presents itself. Jimmies might be rustled, and feminazis might explode. Looking forward to hearing it. :D
Its not anything too complex. Put simply when politics are centered around familial and social networking, or what we'd call corruption in the West if we're being honest, instead of merit women are actually empowered since naturally they are an important part of these familial and social networks as wives, daughters, mothers, sisters, sisters-in-law etc.

To back to my original example, I say its no accident that both Benazir Bhutto and Indira Gandhi were daughters of former prime ministers. Its the same with the first and only female presidents of Indonesia and South Korea as well, not to mention the fact that the most viable female candidate for POTUS in American history was a former FLOTUS herself.

Last edited:
"I am no coward" she says, unless a drug tester comes to her house looking for a sample.
When I heard about her pregnancy, I remembered her "Safe Room" adventure during the USADA visit.

With that said, I would assume PEDs would make it harder for her to conceive. Therefore, does this give her credence that she has not used PEDs during her career?

What do you think about our society?

She's talking about the world, so unless you know anything about Romania, you're really just speculating. But I can tell you're just entertaining yourself recreational outrage.

When I heard about her pregnancy, I remembered her "Safe Room" adventure during the USADA visit.

With that said, I would assume PEDs would make it harder for her to conceive. Therefore, does this give her credence that she has not used PEDs during her career?
You don't prove innocence you prove guilt. <seedat>

Does Shrekreena even count as a woman? She makes Cyborg look feminine.

I've always found chocolate to be a more flattering term for black people.

Way more flattering than, y'know, BLACK - black is so negative. Alot aren't even black, they're brown.

Y'know, like CHOCOLATE.

Shame Serena isn't as tough off the court as she is on it - she is one fierce bitch; on-court Serena wouldn't give a fuck about what some crusty old Romanian says. But Off-court Serena is obviously falling in line with the ultra-PC era.

Shame.

You guys are taken what she said as some serous statement on the US and the world.

She is a pregnant female. Depending on the female some go through slight mood swings and other can go through drastic mood swings at the slightest thing.

I would bet her man is going through shit and great times as it changes by the hour and minute.

Cut her a little slack, you just nod you head and agree with her while she is this way, even when she says shit. Not a big deal here.

I remember when she threatened violence on an Asian line judge
FAULTS-articleInline.jpg

serena-williams-FURY.jpg

Back