• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Serbian Connor Mcgregor ( Up and coming prospect )

Looks well rounded, I was loving that GNP.

22. 6-0. Multiple first round finishes. Sold. Sign him up Dana.

He isn't Russian so they probably will sign him. Honestly looks like a solid talent.

Adam Masaev (Russia)
Adbullo Kodzhaev (Tajikistan)
Ramazan Gitinov (Russia)
Amru Magomedov (Russia)
Damian Rzepecki (Poland)
Juan Pablo Viera (Brazil)
Axel Sola (France)

(Some Honorable mentions)
(Cristian Perez, Josiah Harrell, Nikita Kulshin.

These are like the top of my list of LW prospects under 28 who aren't tied to major promotions. Bojkovic seems like a good include....by the way I don't expect to see most of these guys on the contender series, we will get much worse LWs instead.

He isn't Russian so they probably will sign him. Honestly looks like a solid talent.

Adam Masaev (Russia)
Ramazan Gitinov (Russia)
Amru Magomedov (Russia)
Damian Rzepecki (Poland)
Axel Sola (France)

These are like the top of my list of LW prospects under 28 who aren't tied to major promotions. Bojkovic seems like a good include....by the way I don't expect to see most of these guys on the contender series, we will get much worse LWs instead.

Why is that? Is Dana just trying to prevent UFC getting flooded by Russian fighters?

Interesting prospect. That's a tough style to go undefeated with too. Excellent GnP, power striking... tons of fan appeal. Hopefully it doesn't lead to him getting rushed along.

Why is that? Is Dana just trying to prevent UFC getting flooded by Russian fighters?

In short, yeah. Imagine if they so hawkishly signed Russian and Central Asian talent like they do US/Latin American/British/Brazilian talent...Firstly there'd be way more wrestlers in the UFC and guys getting drug all around the mats and dominated far more often. From an entertainment perspective they don't want that. They like having some Russians to fill the Muslim niche but there's about 25 male Russians in the UFC entirely and well, clearly compared to 100 Brazilians that's not a lot, is it? Definitely intentional too because there's loads of talent out of Russia. We've seen them tell Eduard Vartanyan if he wants a contract to go on the contender series (Vart just won a 1m dollar ACA tournament), they turned down Alexandr Shabliy so he went to Bellator, they turned down 16-0 Flyweight champ Azamat Kerefov so he went back to ACA..there's a long list. Realistically while these guys fill a niche, they can't have saturation as PPV markets and high paying TV deals are all Western Audience based too.

If you ever wondered why Bellator/PFL can sign so many elite Caucasian prospects it's because the UFC just doesn't really want them. Where when they want guys that are US talents they gotta sign them super early guys like McKee, Archie Colgan, Aaron Pico, Novenyi Jr, Dalton Rosta etc. Guys like that they have to sign straight out of the amateurs or only a couple fights into their pro careers and then pay to keep them because the UFC will sign them.

Watch the contender series this year, I hope I'm wrong but Renat Khavalov, Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Yryskeldi Duysheev, Razhabali Shaydullaev, Khalim Nazruloev, Asaf Chopurov, Bakhtovar Yunusov are like my top prospects for Bantamweights out of Russia and Central Asia. Will any of them be on the contender series? Surely a bunch of fireworks less skilled and accomplished guys from their key demographics Will be, but I'd bet maybe 1 of these 7 dudes, when in reality they're all must signs and all 26 or younger. I think Shaydullaev already got picked up by Rizin but they often let their guys get signed by the UFC. Yryskeldi I think had a 1 fight deal with ONE, but they're for sure letting other countries nab up elite talent because it's from the wrong countries.

The visa issues are another factor too of course to be fair. But it's a shit situation.

In short, yeah. Imagine if they so hawkishly signed Russian and Central Asian talent like they do US/Latin American/British/Brazilian talent...Firstly there'd be way more wrestlers in the UFC and guys getting drug all around the mats and dominated far more often. From an entertainment perspective they don't want that. They like having some Russians to fill the Muslim niche but there's about 25 male Russians in the UFC entirely and well, clearly compared to 100 Brazilians that's not a lot, is it? Definitely intentional too because there's loads of talent out of Russia. We've seen them tell Eduard Vartanyan if he wants a contract to go on the contender series (Vart just won a 1m dollar ACA tournament), they turned down Alexandr Shabliy so he went to Bellator, they turned down 16-0 Flyweight champ Azamat Kerefov so he went back to ACA..there's a long list. Realistically while these guys fill a niche, they can't have saturation as PPV markets and high paying TV deals are all Western Audience based too.

If you ever wondered why Bellator/PFL can sign so many elite Caucasian prospects it's because the UFC just doesn't really want them. Where when they want guys that are US talents they gotta sign them super early guys like McKee, Archie Colgan, Aaron Pico, Novenyi Jr, Dalton Rosta etc. Guys like that they have to sign straight out of the amateurs or only a couple fights into their pro careers and then pay to keep them because the UFC will sign them.

Watch the contender series this year, I hope I'm wrong but Renat Khavalov, Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Yryskeldi Duysheev, Razhabali Shaydullaev, Khalim Nazruloev, Asaf Chopurov, Bakhtovar Yunusov are like my top prospects for Bantamweights out of Russia and Central Asia. Will any of them be on the contender series? Surely a bunch of fireworks less skilled and accomplished guys from their key demographics Will be, but I'd bet maybe 1 of these 7 dudes, when in reality they're all must signs and all 26 or younger. I think Shaydullaev already got picked up by Rizin but they often let their guys get signed by the UFC. Yryskeldi I think had a 1 fight deal with ONE, but they're for sure letting other countries nab up elite talent because it's from the wrong countries.

The visa issues are another factor too of course to be fair. But it's a shit situation.
Last week Mma Series posted on their social that Bakhtovar posted on his social media that he got American visa.

Adam Masaev (Russia)
Ramazan Gitinov (Russia)
Amru Magomedov (Russia)
Damian Rzepecki (Poland)
Axel Sola (France)

On Wikipedia Harrell is mentioned as being signed to UFC since July of 2023.

Just been catching up on him and impressed, I'll be sticking him in my next prospect rankings for sure.

Adam Masaev (Russia)
Ramazan Gitinov (Russia)
Amru Magomedov (Russia)
Damian Rzepecki (Poland)
Axel Sola (France)

Quillan Salkilld is gonna be on this season and he's a very impressive prospect imo.

I'm expecting Mansher Khera to be on too, he's a bit older but had a very high level BJJ background and is managing to adapt it superbly to MMA so far.

There is also stuff like that they refuse to fight in Ramadan (seems to me that somehow other Muslim fighters are more calm about that), them refusing to fight other fighters from that region or Muslim fighters or fighters that they personally know.
And I think there were a story recently that Khabib claimed to cancel his fight in UAE is UFC doesn’t put his teammate Tukhugov on the same card (and seems like because of that UFC cancelled fight of Mustafaev on the same card to make room for Tukhugov bout). I suspected UFC is not happy when fighters start to dictate who and when and on which cards will fight.

One of ACA Kyrgyzstani guys (don’t remember exactly but I think it was Ibraimov) said that UFC offered him a contract but he chose ACA tournament. Also back in January Open FC posted that Adilet Nurmatov vacated the belt and is gonna be signed by UFC soon. So I guess UFC is certainly in Central Asian fighters.

The difference is - Bellator signed Novenyi and there were 2 events in Hungary, while there were rumours only about UFC event in Kazakhstan.

About PFL - there is only 1 non-Dagestani Caucasus guy there and I think they got signed because they are managed by Abdelaziz.

He's the real deal prospect wise.
Is ducking some guy from Montenegro tough who got a 18-3 score.
Smart move.
Get something like 8-0 and sign to the UFC.
Thus far he is good. Young dedicated dynamic.
His head is right. Got that ultra confidence and hunger for blood.
Also polarising so he got like 200k+ followers on IG. Or was it 400k.

Chopurov wrote in Vestnik MMA telegram comments under news about Naimov-Lima that he too was offered Naimov fight, but UFC picked Lima because Chopurov has just 4 fights in pro mma.

Last edited:
Chopurov wrote in Vestnik MMA telegram comments under news about Naimov-Lima that he too was offered Naimov fight, but UFC picked Lima because Chopurov has just 4 fights in pro mma.
I'm glad Chopurov is on their radar, he deserves another year or so before contender series, just to get additional experience but he is also super fast tracking it after fighting Levrentyev so early. Hope he ends up in the UFC and not a different big promotion, he's awesome. Any news on Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Renat Khavalov, Amru Magomedov or any other top Russians right now in terms of UFC?

I'm glad Chopurov is on their radar, he deserves another year or so before contender series, just to get additional experience but he is also super fast tracking it after fighting Levrentyev so early. Hope he ends up in the UFC and not a different big promotion, he's awesome. Any news on Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Renat Khavalov, Amru Magomedov or any other top Russians right now in terms of UFC?
I reckon they might put Chopurov on the last show of Contender this year if he's already been approached by them.

Back