September 11, 2001-A Tribute

Wondermut, I feel for your friend's fiancee's loss, that is awful. I'm sure she gets strength from friends like you.

Ranger, I especially like the last sentence of your post. SOOO true in life, whatever the crisis.

I've posted a lot of dissenting views here about responsibility for the attacks, and I can't change what I believe in my heart-of-hearts. BUT, whether we all know all the facts or not, I continue to be impressed and inspired by the courage and resolve shown by us Americans. It gives me hope in a bleak world.

Sadness and teers followed by anger and reflection.God Bless the Victoms and their families.God Bless America.

I don't know what to say ... I've never been good with expressing my emotions. We had a five minute long movie about WTC and 9/11 and almost cried in class and I'm about to cry right now. I feel sorry for your losses ... I feel sad and I want to rip off bin Laden's head at the same time .. :mad: :( :mad:

The people who lost their lives in 9/11 will be in my prayers ...

Truly sorry to hear about your man, Wonder. A good friend of mine lost her brother on one of those planes. It's a sad day, and very hard to focus on much, and not to wind up crying all day long. As a former firefighter, it bothers me a lot... I work for the Red Cross Disaster Services Response Team, so that helps me to keep involved, and to keep giving back to my Country...

I am sorry for your loss Wundermut...It is hard for me to sum up my feelings on the terrorist attacks, I guess that I would say that I am pissed, pissed that certain people have such a disregard for human life, pissed that it took a devistating travisty too bring a country together, pissed at people trying to profit off of are nations loss. I am also sad about all these things as well, my heart goes out to all the victims and there familys on this day of rememberance. God Bless America.

Fucking cocksuckers, makes me so GODDAMN ANGRY!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! I can't do anything, I feel helpless, motherfucking suicide bombers, hope you enjoy paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's quite awesome to see & read the many heart-felt postings; proud to know you guys. Damn it's a hard day to not stop crying... This fucking sucks.

There was a moment of silence on radio while I was driving into school today, and I just about lost it right there in the car. My deepest sympathies are with everyone who suffered because of the terrorist attacks last year. For all the victims and heroes of September 11th, we must never forget.
May America always stand proud, and may we all one day live in a world made of love and peace.

All of you guys/girls make me proud to be an American

To Brooklyn Bridge

How many dawns, chill from his rippling rest
The seagull's wings shall dip and pivot him,
Shedding white rings of tumult, building high
Over the chained bay waters Liberty -

Then, with inviolate curve, forsake our eyes
As apparitional as sails that cross
Some page of figures to be filed away;
- Till elevators drop us from our day. . .

I think of cinemas, panoramic sleights
With mulititudes bent toward some flashing scene
Never disclosed, but hastened to again,
Foretold to other eyes on the same screen;

And Thee, across the harbor, silver-paced
As though the sun took step of thee, yet left
Some motion ever unspent in thy stride, -
Implicitly thy freedom staying thee!

Out of some subway scuttle, cell or loft
A bedlamite speeds to thy parapets,
Tilting there momently, shrill shirt ballooning,
A jest falls from the speechless caravan.

Down Wall, from girder into street noon leaks,
A rip-tooth of the sky's acetylene;
All afternoon, the cloud-flown derricks turn . . .
Thy cables breathe the North Atlantic still.

And obscure as that heaven of the Jews,
Thy guerdon . . . Accolade thou dost bestow
Of anonymity time cannot raise:
Vibrant reprieve and pardon thou dost show.

O harp and alter, of the fury fused,
(How could mere toil align thy choiring strings!)
Terrific threshold of the prophet's pledge,
Prayer of pariah, and the lover's cry, -

Again the traffic lights that skim thy swift
Unfractioned idiom, immaculate sigh of stars,
Beading thy path - condense eternity:
And we have seen night lifted in thine arms.

Under thy shadow by the piers I waited;
Only in darkness is thy shadow clear.
The City's fiery parcels all undone,
Already snow submerges an iron year . . .

O Sleepless as the river under thee,
Vaulting the sea, the prairies' dreaming sod,
Unto us lowliest sometime sweep, descend
And of the curveship lend a myth to God.

Hart Crane

flagraise1.jpg

to the heros who lost their lives, the innocent victims, and the millions of Americans affected..........YOU WILL NOT be forgotten.

I was at work that morning. I work for a DoD contractor during the day who does Logistics work. The side of the Pentagon that was hit was the Logistics side, that means our people were there. We lost people that day. Our building is less than 5 miles from the Pentagon and we were already in amazing shock from the towers being hit in NY. I stayed calm but I admit it was terrifying. Since all my friends and family know where I work and its relation to the Pentagon and they know that I sometimes go there during the week, they were very unnverved. Of course they called, but to no avail....all cell circuits were busy and I wiill never forget the sound of fear that was in my mothers and my girlfriends' voice as they left messages in tears. I thought I was over it, and I woke up today and I was already pissed, and as this day has worn on, I have gotten madder and madder. God Bless America and I will never forget this day nor those who perished in NY, DC, and PA.

Sorry Wonder....don't know what to say that hasn't been said already....great thread though...

God Bless America and too all those innocent people who lost there lives. They will be in our hearts forever.

I have almost no idea what-so-ever how to put into words what I feel. I'm not from the US, but the terrible tragedies a year ago affected everyone who watched on our TV screens. I was at work when I heard about it, then just watched in disbelief once I got home.
My heart goes out to all who lost some-one, especially the children who lost parents that fatefull day. God bless.

I've looked at that sculpture pic a few times, it really gets to me too. It makes me think about that incredible NYFD chaplain (Fr. Michael Judge) who was killed by falling debris in the WTC just as he took his helmet off to perform last rites for a firefighter. If there are angels, he must be one now.

Back