Self Standing Heavy Bag?

What's the bag filled with? No problems with it moving around, it more the bag moving over the base!

Ive never liked the ones with the base like that. A hanging heavy bag seems much better to hit. I suppose ti matters what you are using it for but the standard heavy bag just seems better for most any situation.

Can't hang anything and the frames are to big and bulky for the room I use to train in. Just want to get the best type of free standing bag available.

TheHighlander said:
You might want to try a thai bag (attached to the beam but sitting on the floor).

Now THIS is a fascinating idea!!! I have a bag/frame combo but the bag is too light. I can't hang stuff on the frame in my condo too well so i went with the bag frame. Of course I had to upgrade the bag to a heavier one. But of course i still need lots of weight on the frame to weight it down. Also there is a lot of bag movement that is hard to cut down on. A great solution just might be to look for a heavier/longer bag. Possibly in the 125lb. range, or some kind of longer thai bag that just barely hits the floor. You could make some adjustments to the chain so that it just sets on the floor. This will cut down on swing and give you a solid surface to strike. I may have to look into that.

The only self stand that wors ethe price is the Century Wave master xxl.The others moves too much,my friend works in a boxing equipment shop and I tried all I wanted to,sdi hitmachine has a too light base and the others are too high...

http://www.centuryfitness.com/webap...403&categoryId=15003&parent_category_rn=14553
http://store.yahoo.com/cheapboxing/ulfrstbag1.html

These are the only freestanding bags I'd recommend. We actually have some at my kickboxing gym and roll them out for big classes. They do move around a little bit, but if you circle around with it you can move it back and forth and keep it in a general area. The thing with the bags I listed above is they are soft. Which on one hand is good since it's easy on your joints. But on the other hand you won't be able to condition your shins like you would on a leather/vinyl/cloth heavy bag.

If you've got a lot of money and want a hard bag you culd get something like this:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle_c...G=Search+Froogle&oi=froogle&scoring=mrd&hl=en

But if you have a beam in your basement to hand a bag, I would find a way to hang one. Go to www.ringside.com and look under the "punching/speed bag" section. Scroll in a few pages and you'll see plenty of mounting equipment, as well as springs for a bag. Get a 6' thai bag with a spring so that it just touches the ground.

The only thing I use my standing bag is to drill leg kicks. I found that its not really good for much else. Other than that I just use my standard heavy bag. I have heard though that if you fill them with wet sand instead of water you won't have much problems with them moving around. I kick mine up and down my basement because it's filled with water.

I just found an old MT bag, wrapped it in duct tape, and chained it up my tree outside. I take it down when it rains, and this works great. Just loop a chain around a thick branch and attach it to your bag. However, this only works if you have access to a tree. No idea how to help you with a support beam.

i have a shitty black one that i fill with sand - everyone says don't bother but it works well enough for the non gym days, especially if I cycle one minute on that and one minute doing ground and pound on a bag that I put on the floor for five minute rounds. and like the other guy said, circle. the thing with a stand sounds crap, you need to move/circle when you box

Back