Law Secret divorce is history now! Saudi women to learn they’re single again via…SMS?!

So are you saying its okay for Saudis to beat their wives because that was once common in the West? Or are you saying that we shouldn't judge them for it because some people in the West thought/think it's okay? What is it you are trying to convince me of here?

My point is that its surprising that a culture which explicitly prescribes male domination of women is shy about letting a woman know she's been kicked to the curb. It's very easy for a man to divorce his wife in the KSA and she has little recourse when he does. So why would they feel the need to keep it a secret?

mostly the first few points. i am not trying to convince you of anything. male domination of women is world wide and it was still very much a part of the western world even several decades ago.

as to your main point. i dont think its surprising. they treat women like livestocks or items of possession. why would you need to tell someone or something you own what you plan on doing with them?

She’ll first need to get her husband’s permission to receive a driver’s license, of course. Also, her testimony before a divorce court will only be worth half that of her husband’s...
So when we hear "women can drive now there", I hope people don't forget to mention those strings attached. <Lmaoo>

This is good P.R. for Muhammed Bin Salman, he might even have authorized it as a way to get Western pressure off him for the murder of Kashoggi.

What's surprising is the lack of notice his character gets. You guys are strange.
did he text divorce someone? whats the connection to this thread?

and you think that his character doesnt get scrutinized? seriously?
he is easily the most scrutinized person on here and in media worldwide, and around watercoolers id imagine.
like, wtf?

What's surprising is the lack of notice his character gets. You guys are strange.

I just find it strange you brought him up in a text divorce thread out the blue

Back