Law Secret divorce is history now! Saudi women to learn they’re single again via…SMS?!

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Secret divorce is history now! Saudi women to learn they’re single again via…SMS?!

5c31b66dfc7e933d438b4641.jpg

Saudi Arabia has adopted a new regulation that requires courts to notify women by text message if they’ve been divorced. The forward-thinking law is designed to crack down on the kingdom’s penchant for “secret divorces”.
Before the new rule, Saudi men were able to end their marriages without telling their wives. Starting from Sunday, the country’s courts will be directed to send text messages informing women that their marriages are over.
The regulation, which bears a striking resemblance to relationship-ending tactics employed by twelve-year-olds, aims to ensure that women are aware of their marital status and can take necessary legal measures to protect rights such as alimony.
Last year a decades-old driving ban on women was reversed, meaning that a Saudi female can now drive down the street while simultaneously receiving a text notification that her husband has left her. She’ll first need to get her husband’s permission to receive a driver’s license, of course. Also, her testimony before a divorce court will only be worth half that of her husband’s...

Continue reading

I’d bet being married to a Saudi dude would be absolutely horrible. There’s probably lots of happy women in Saudi Arabia about now.

divorced ttyna

/send

Trump will approve. Horrible humans congregate.

I’d bet being married to a Saudi dude would be absolutely horrible. There’s probably lots of happy women in Saudi Arabia about now.
i dont know. having a shitty husband might keep your GR/Y down.

That's pretty crazy when you realize they have the religious right to beat their wives for disobedience.

That's pretty crazy when you realize they have the religious right to beat their wives for disobedience.

Go back several decades and western husbands also had the right to beat/spunk their wives for disobedience as well.

You think all those spanking wives ads/articles were a joke? That shit was real. Your grandpa probably did it your grandma. At least their generation..

Go back several decades and western husbands also had the right to beat/spunk their wives for disobedience as well.

You think all those spanking wives ads/articles were a joke? That shit was real. Your grandpa probably did it your grandma. At least their generation..

So are you saying its okay for Saudis to beat their wives because that was once common in the West? Or are you saying that we shouldn't judge them for it because some people in the West thought/think it's okay? What is it you are trying to convince me of here?

My point is that its surprising that a culture which explicitly prescribes male domination of women is shy about letting a woman know she's been kicked to the curb. It's very easy for a man to divorce his wife in the KSA and she has little recourse when he does. So why would they feel the need to keep it a secret?

Back