Media Sean Strickland refuses to climb ladder "if the MW shot isn't for me, I start boxing"

Here's the thing..... That's not very manly of you Sean......

Strickland’s head is in the wrong place.

So much for his fans lol. Everyone that jumped on him and got behind him is paying for it with how he’s become such a massive hypocrite.

If only Strickland could contain the chaos in his mind, cause he’s number 1-3 next middleweight in the world and could very possibly beat DDP in the rematch. He just needs to stay the course. I would love to see the rematch, it was a great fight.

Strickland isn't a 40-year old former LW or a washed, chinless wonder like Rockhold...I think Perry would be in for a long night.

True that!

But if/when a tooth flies off, demeanors can change real quick LoL

Climb that ladder again? I didn't realize beating Imavov and someone no one has even heard about after losing two straight counted as climbing the ladder.

Lost the belt on first defense and feels entitled to get immediate title shot?he likes to call people snowflake and he is the biggest of them all.

No fuckin' way!!! Strickland lost to DDP all day, every day. He wasn't even his normal talking smack in the cage usual self. He fought horrible.

think he beat DDP I personally thought he won 3 if not four rounds

Anybody with half a brain knows he wasn't getting a fair shake in Canada. He talked shit on the entire country and all of its inhabitants at the pre-fight press conference.

You can call him dense all you want, but he's right about the judging

Oh gawd, someone call the wahhhhhhmbulance for Mr. Donttalkaboutmychildhood

Can't really blame his attitude. Strickland has always been vocal about UFC pay lol.

You basically work your entire career to become champion and with it comes a bigger paycheck. Now he's back to square one with his down graded pay again. For all we know Strickland might be the next stepping stone for someone else.

Then there's Jake Paul. Probably offering him four or five times his UFC pay if he was still champion

Strickland's only mistake is talking about it way too early. We all know Dana is the type of guy to punish people on his naughty list

I don't think "not climbing the ladder" and refusing any fight that is not for the title is the same thing.

I will go out on a limb and say if they offer him a non title fight vs Gynosanya or a number 1 contender fight against Cannonier he would take it.

He says the UFC must know why he lost, that it was because Canada is a liberal country so they don't like his takes.

OK, the guy is dense so nothing new under the sun. But apparently it's on the level of him thinking he shouldn't take normal fights:

Thoughts?

Good riddance. He has shitty opinions, and he is a point fighter, fuck em...

lol go ahead nobody wants to watch tippy toe boxing!

Last time he mentioned anything related to boxing and the only guy there that would fight him, he backed out and allegedly asked the UFC for permission...whats going to be different this time? He probably signed a contract extension when he fought for the title...he is tied with the UFC for a while, stop talking nonsense, he cant go boxing.

He’ll always hold a special place in my heart for beating Izzy, but I’m cool with him going away now lol.

Back