• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Sean Strickland: Israel Adesanya 'fights like a b*tch,'

, Sean's an idiot who decided to play kickboxing with a two-division GLORY champion instead of coming up with a proper gameplan.
I think what Sean was thinking is he was gonna take advantage of the overratedness of the striking of kickboxers who cross into mma. He thought Alex was gonna be the next gohan Saki n just couldn’t adapt to the transition from giant pillows on yur hands to 4 ounce gloves.

Then the result is the so called elite striker being KOed on the feet by who the fook is that guy. Unfortunately for Sean he just stood there with his chin high like an idiot

Adesanya would beat the shit out of Sean.

And that got him KO'd.. Strickland fought to Pereira's strengths instead of exploiting his weaknesses which resulted in a loss.
Him criticizing Izzy is hypocritical since he's also fought safe fights himself to secure a win.

I also never flat out said he was a safe fighter, just that in his last win he had a very safe performance against Hermansson.

but he is a safe fighter. the majority of his UFC career are decision wins. just because he went and fought Pereira in a stand up fight doesn't make him not safe. it's not like he went at Pereira with fire and fury and was winging haymakers trying to sleep him. he was trying to jab him the whole time it lasted.

Sean Strickland: Israel Adesanya 'fights like a b*tch,' but UFC will 'milk this cash cow' with Alex Pereira rematch

Sean Strickland expects the UFC to book an immediate rematch between middleweight champion Alex Pereira and Israel Adesanya.

Pereira (7-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) dethroned Adesanya (23-2 MMA, 12-2 UFC) with a come-from-behind TKO win to capture the middleweight title last month at UFC 281. Pereira was able to defeat Adesanya for the third time – with the other two times in kickboxing.

With their long-standing history and the stylistic matchup, Strickland thinks the UFC will capitalize by booking another fight between Pereira and Adesanya.

“Rankings mean f*ck all nothing,” Strickland told MMA Junkie. “It doesn’t matter what you’re ranked. It doesn’t matter your position. If the UFC wants you to fight for a belt, doesn’t want you to fight for a belt, it doesn’t happen. They would probably want Izzy to fight, because (Robert) Whittaker will probably just take him down and grind him out for f*cking five rounds, so they’re thinking let’s milk this cash cow one more time with Izzy.”

Strickland admits he thought Adesanya would retain his title but doesn’t disagree with Marc Goddard’s stoppage in the fight, which Adesanya protested.

“I thought Izzy was gonna win just because I thought Izzy was gonna fight like a b*tch the whole time,” Strickland said. “Just run and not fight. Not do the f*cking man sh*t like I did, but Alex, he hits hard. I think it was a good stoppage. It is what it is.”

He continued, “Izzy fights like a f*cking b*tch. Izzy can fight, and he’s f*cking good. He’s long, he’s a giant, but he fights like a f*cking b*tch. Nobody wants to see guys like that. We need to go back to the old school, the Chuck Liddell, the f*cking guys who stand and bang.”

Strickland (25-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) will look to rebound from his knockout loss to Pereira at UFC 276 when he faces Jared Cannonier in the UFC Fight Night 216 headliner Dec. 17 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...+RSS&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Strickland is a God

wtf is he talking about.. strickland is the definition of a boring fighter lmao
his trash talk is not even fun anymore

Don't his criticisms of Adesanya also apply to him?

He sits behind his jab all night long and never takes any risks, then trash talks his opponent for not taking risks in the last 10 seconds lol.
I think the difference is that Strickland will at least put on some pressure, whereas Izzy just sits back and waits.

Back