News Sean Strickland: Israel Adesanya 'fights like a b*tch,'

Adesanya/Silva
Strickland/Chael

chris-brown-breezy.gif

With a few more seconds Izzy would've most likely had taken Alex out in the 1st round. Sean couldn't even make it 3:00 minutes into the 1st.

Sean Strickland must imagine himself like he's prime Tony Ferguson or something, lol.

It’s true that Izzy fights safely using a lot of movement and keeping distance. Strickland also fights safely throwing low risk, low power, non-committal strikes. Pot meet kettle.

Imagine if Lewis or Tuivasa said that though.

Real swang and bang.

Sean says things on purpose to get under everyone's skin. It's shocking how often it works lol

Sean Strickland: Israel Adesanya 'fights like a b*tch,' but UFC will 'milk this cash cow' with Alex Pereira rematch

Sean Strickland expects the UFC to book an immediate rematch between middleweight champion Alex Pereira and Israel Adesanya.

Pereira (7-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) dethroned Adesanya (23-2 MMA, 12-2 UFC) with a come-from-behind TKO win to capture the middleweight title last month at UFC 281. Pereira was able to defeat Adesanya for the third time – with the other two times in kickboxing.

With their long-standing history and the stylistic matchup, Strickland thinks the UFC will capitalize by booking another fight between Pereira and Adesanya.

“Rankings mean f*ck all nothing,” Strickland told MMA Junkie. “It doesn’t matter what you’re ranked. It doesn’t matter your position. If the UFC wants you to fight for a belt, doesn’t want you to fight for a belt, it doesn’t happen. They would probably want Izzy to fight, because (Robert) Whittaker will probably just take him down and grind him out for f*cking five rounds, so they’re thinking let’s milk this cash cow one more time with Izzy.”

Strickland admits he thought Adesanya would retain his title but doesn’t disagree with Marc Goddard’s stoppage in the fight, which Adesanya protested.

“I thought Izzy was gonna win just because I thought Izzy was gonna fight like a b*tch the whole time,” Strickland said. “Just run and not fight. Not do the f*cking man sh*t like I did, but Alex, he hits hard. I think it was a good stoppage. It is what it is.”

He continued, “Izzy fights like a f*cking b*tch. Izzy can fight, and he’s f*cking good. He’s long, he’s a giant, but he fights like a f*cking b*tch. Nobody wants to see guys like that. We need to go back to the old school, the Chuck Liddell, the f*cking guys who stand and bang.”

Strickland (25-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) will look to rebound from his knockout loss to Pereira at UFC 276 when he faces Jared Cannonier in the UFC Fight Night 216 headliner Dec. 17 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

alex-pereira-israel-adesanya-ufc-281-9.jpg

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/12/ufc-news-sean-strickland-disses-how-israel-adesanya-fights?taid=63939122424cc10001c188ab&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+RSS&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Cannoner does not fight like a bitch.

Careful what you wish for

he's not completely wrong.
the UFC formula for winning a belt has become fighting not to lose and not laying it all out there. BKFC is where you lay it all out and it becomes a shootout.

By no metric is Strickland more exciting than Izzy. lol I guess he got KO'ed more spectacularly than Izzy did.

Sean Strickland: Israel Adesanya 'fights like a b*tch,' but UFC will 'milk this cash cow' with Alex Pereira rematch

Sean Strickland expects the UFC to book an immediate rematch between middleweight champion Alex Pereira and Israel Adesanya.

Pereira (7-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) dethroned Adesanya (23-2 MMA, 12-2 UFC) with a come-from-behind TKO win to capture the middleweight title last month at UFC 281. Pereira was able to defeat Adesanya for the third time – with the other two times in kickboxing.

With their long-standing history and the stylistic matchup, Strickland thinks the UFC will capitalize by booking another fight between Pereira and Adesanya.

“Rankings mean f*ck all nothing,” Strickland told MMA Junkie. “It doesn’t matter what you’re ranked. It doesn’t matter your position. If the UFC wants you to fight for a belt, doesn’t want you to fight for a belt, it doesn’t happen. They would probably want Izzy to fight, because (Robert) Whittaker will probably just take him down and grind him out for f*cking five rounds, so they’re thinking let’s milk this cash cow one more time with Izzy.”

Strickland admits he thought Adesanya would retain his title but doesn’t disagree with Marc Goddard’s stoppage in the fight, which Adesanya protested.

“I thought Izzy was gonna win just because I thought Izzy was gonna fight like a b*tch the whole time,” Strickland said. “Just run and not fight. Not do the f*cking man sh*t like I did, but Alex, he hits hard. I think it was a good stoppage. It is what it is.”

He continued, “Izzy fights like a f*cking b*tch. Izzy can fight, and he’s f*cking good. He’s long, he’s a giant, but he fights like a f*cking b*tch. Nobody wants to see guys like that. We need to go back to the old school, the Chuck Liddell, the f*cking guys who stand and bang.”

Strickland (25-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) will look to rebound from his knockout loss to Pereira at UFC 276 when he faces Jared Cannonier in the UFC Fight Night 216 headliner Dec. 17 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

alex-pereira-israel-adesanya-ufc-281-9.jpg

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/12/ufc-news-sean-strickland-disses-how-israel-adesanya-fights?taid=63939122424cc10001c188ab&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+RSS&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Strickland must've been proud watching Holland against Wonderboy. They both channeled their innermost 'Jorge Gugjel'.

He’s not wrong, dude plays it safe and is one of the most boring champs ever during his reign. Funny how fucking riled up people get whenever he opens his mouth too, idiots exist everywhere but the amount people that cry and get in their feelings about Sean is hilarious. <Lmaoo>

LOL. Would love to see Strickland, who yaps too much, get some of that smoke so he can show us he's got the skills....unliike what happened when he fought Pereira.

With a few more seconds Izzy would've most likely had taken Alex out in the 1st round. Sean couldn't even make it 3:00 minutes into the 1st.
Few more seconds after what, the punch after the bell? Why not just hit him with a chair?

Back