• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sean Strickland is the Same as Michael Bisping 10 Years Ago?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Consistent top 5-10 middleweight with no punching power, always in shape, beats anyone outside the top 7, makes more of a career off of talking trash than actual in cage performances. Will he go on to win a UFC title late in his career? Bisping had the exact same UFC record (13-5) 10 years ago as Strickland does now.

Consistent top 5-10 middleweight with no punching power, always in shape, beats anyone outside the top 7, makes more of a career off of talking trash than actual in cage performances. Will he go on to win a UFC title late in his career? Bisping had the exact same UFC record (13-5) 10 years ago as Strickland does now.

I was thinking this just the other day.

They are very much alike. They are also both fighters that are widely disliked or at the very least aren't universally praised for their incredible skills and amazing performances.

I happen to like them both

I agree, saem height, same genetics sub par power with great stamina. Strikers with very good grappling that they mostly don't use. Tough as nails. Basically the same guy.

Just that Sean won't become champ.

Just Bisping fights a little more aggressive Sean just defends and point fights sort of.

Sean could become champion if, say, Dricus somehow becomes champion - but he really needs to face someone a little bit sloppy, or over the hill.

I just don't see him getting that Luke Rockhold-level win, unless it's someone like Paulo Costa.

Either way, until Izzy and Pereira leave the division, no.

I think striking wise they're close at this point in their careers I'd give the striking edge to Strickland as I think Cannonier would've melted Ping. But Bisping was a better anti-wrestler and weaponized his cardio more instead of being a pure striker for the majority of his career and I think Sonnen would easily beat Strickland where as Bisping gave him hell.
The Bisping that won the belt is championship level outboxing Silva and Rockhold back to back is insane and I don't think Strickland is quite there (despite being better than the majority believe imo)

Honestly though Bisping being a better anti wrestler seems more fitting for the era TS picked the perfect match here and both guys are earily similar.

Back