Sean Strickland injured, new opponent needed for The Dirty Bird

chunglii

No Me Duele
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/sean-s...02-promotion-seeks-new-opponent-for-tim-means

MMAjunkie today confirmed with UFC officials that Strickland suffered a knee injury and pulled out of the contest, leaving a need for a replacement opponent on two weeks’ notice.

Fuck. Please don't let this card fall apart! There's only one man who can save us

vxFBaEH.gif

Jake Ellenberger?

Second hit in 2 days. Fuck. I hope this card stays intact.

202 isn't a big enough card to waste the Barb. Fill the spot with a scrub from the D-leagues like they have been.

Well, considering no UFC welterweights offered to fight Hyun Gyu Lim on the same card, I'm guessing nobody iis gonna want Means either. So we're gonna see another new signing.

My pick would be someone like (considering itll probably be a North American) Andrew McInnes or Brandt Dewsberry.

Card is starting to take minor knocks now. I can see a major fight taking a blow soon.

Wait... I'm confused.

Both Means and Lims opponents got injured, why not Means vs Lim?

Well, considering no UFC welterweights offered to fight Hyun Gyu Lim on the same card, I'm guessing nobody iis gonna want Means either. So we're gonna see another new signing.

My pick would be someone like (considering itll probably be a North American) Andrew McInnes or Brandt Dewsberry.

Card is starting to take minor knocks now. I can see a major fight taking a blow soon.
Don't think its entirely the same though. This is a main card fight from all I have seen. On a gigantic show. Means is a bigger name, think they have a better shot at a Masvidal type taking it.

why not means vs lim?

202 isn't a big enough card to waste the Barb. Fill the spot with a scrub from the D-leagues like they have been.
The exact opposite is true. It is a big enough card and I was looking forward to this fight. I don't want to see some no named newb fighting Means in his return.

Wait... I'm confused.

Both Means and Lims opponents got injured, why not Means vs Lim?
They already found a replacement to fight Lim. But I agree, would be a great fight.

Don't think its entirely the same though. This is a main card fight from all I have seen. On a gigantic show. Means is a bigger name, think they have a better shot at a Masvidal type taking it.
Good suggestions here. Masvidal vs Means would be nice.

Son of a bitch!! Please let Means stay on the card. Masvidal is a good name but he and Tim already fought at LW and Masvidal just laid and prayed his way to a decision. I don't wanna see that bullshit again.

Obviously his parents weren't strict enough.

Honestly, who cares. This guy sucked at the Forum back in June. Only fight of the night that the audience booed continually. Every fight he's in is a boring point fight. Has the personality of vanilla ice cream and the fighting style of the Lifetime channel. Out of 5 wins, he finished one guy with 35 seconds left to go in the 3rd round. How the f did this guy wind up on the main card of the years potentially biggest PPV after dry humping Tom Breese for 15 minutes on Fight Pass anyway?

Back