Sean Sherk Would End Retirement to Fight Gracie in Bellator, Not Interested in UFC Return

Why the heck would we want to see that fight anyway? Frickin Sherk.... Everybody forgot about you and your steroid body bro

tumblr_n0tvw8uRul1sdqajoo2_400.gif

It's got to be weird being a 56 year old Hoyce and guys are just now calling you out now.

"Hey man, I'm calling you out old man!"

"Mmmmm okay. Lemme check my schedule. [no appointments for the last 10 years] I don't think I can fit it in anytime soon."

Except Royce is 49 and his last two opponents were either (a) Older than he is (b) Much more physically broken down that he is or (c) both

I'm sure it doesn't have shit to do with USADA being around either.

Why am I supposed to care? Maybe there's a tiny bit of interest to see if Royce could armbar his short, T. rex arms, but Bellator would probably make it the ME when it should be one of the first fights on air.

Eh.. Wtf? In terms of story or relevance this makes zero sense . I'd rather he fight bj penn again.

He should man up and call out people from his own gen of fighters.

I was under the impression that Sherk was in need of two hip replacements or some such?

Anyone have info on his health as of late, guy is like the lochness monster when it comes to the spotlight.

The last I tead about Sherk a few years ago his knees or hips were shot and he was basically waiting for replacement surgery.

Found the article
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/4/4691122/bad-hips-force-sean-sherk-into-that-good-night

"Now that I’m retiring I can tell the truth," he says. "I know it’s always been one of the top questions. Obviously I couldn’t say anything because otherwise opponents would pinpoint that stuff, but I had MRIs done [ahead of the Penn fight] and found out that both of my hips were torn and that I was going to need surgery. The doctor basically told me at that point in time, ‘if you have surgery on this you’ll never be 100 percent again - you’ll lose your mobility, you’ll lose your quick twitch and some of the explosion, and you’ll lose some of the agility.’

"And to me it just wasn’t worth it, so I said, you know what, I’ll just deal with the pain. I said, I’ll just deal with this as long as I can. And that’s what I did. Gradually over the years my hips got worse and worse and worse. About two weeks ago I was told I needed hip replacement surgery. So that was the deciding factor right there. I went from needing surgery to fix torn labrums to needing total replacement."

thats such a bizarre random match-up, plenty of other old guys he can fight thought like I think Caol Uno is still active? wonder if he considers Caol a big enough name though

Caol Uno doesn't pay Royce money

Back