Sean Sherk Would End Retirement to Fight Gracie in Bellator, Not Interested in UFC Return

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Se...-Bellator-Not-Interested-in-UFC-Return-100933

It sounds like a lot of people would be interested in seeing that, and it’s something I’ve been thinking about for quite a while. It’s always weighed heavily on my mind. Being a working-class guy, it doesn’t fit me well. I want to compete; I want to fight, but if I do, it’s going to have be against someone like Royce. It’s going to have to be a pioneer or a legend or somebody with accomplishments like myself. Some kind of a superfight.

Is anyone down with this match up? Personally, I think it goes the way of Gracie vs. Hughes.

Sean Sherk wins via being more youthful and physically adept. Not an interesting fight tbh.
"

Sean Sherk wins via being more youthful and physically adept. Not an interesting fight tbh.

Yeah, he clearly just wants an easy pay day. There are much more competitive fights out there for him...like BJ Penn. But, He calls out Royce...

The last I tead about Sherk a few years ago his knees or hips were shot and he was basically waiting for replacement surgery.

i am interested in seeing this bout. make it happen coker.

I am interested in seeing him fight again but not against Royce.

thats such a bizarre random match-up, plenty of other old guys he can fight thought like I think Caol Uno is still active? wonder if he considers Caol a big enough name though

Royce won't fight him. Royce is only competitive against freaks and other old guys from the early 90s. It would look like the Hughes fight.

Dont worry Sean I doubt UFC would be interested in bringing you back.

I dont even think Bellator would be interested, you arent a name thats gonna generate ratings.

thats such a bizarre random match-up, plenty of other old guys he can fight thought like I think Caol Uno is still active? wonder if he considers Caol a big enough name though

I'm sure part of it's about the money. Sherk vs. someone from his era won't sell a lot of tickets. However, anyone vs. Royce, Shamrock, Kimbo, etc.will.

He's basically just saying he wants to make a quick buck fighting a card which will most likely feature another freak show which will be seen by more eyeballs than any of the previous fights in his career.

Smart move.

I haven't seen Sean lately so no idea what shape he is in.
But if he some what have kept training...
This should be a pretty easy win for him

And yes would watch.

He was boring as hell as a fighter in his "prime." He'd be that much worse now.

No thank you.

Shameless cash-in attempt by Sherk.

As though he's done anything in the sport to make him worthy of fighting Royce even this far past his prime.

It's got to be weird being a 56 year old Hoyce and guys are just now calling you out now.

"Hey man, I'm calling you out old man!"

"Mmmmm okay. Lemme check my schedule. [no appointments for the last 10 years] I don't think I can fit it in anytime soon."

Back