Sean Sherk UFC HOF?

He could, but he certainly not at the top of the list.
Yes he did win the title, but the detractions are that he won a vacant title and was stripped after defending it once. He also doesn't fight as often as some other current fighters who could/would make it into the HOF (albeit injuries did play a role)

Roids = no

It's not that simple
Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock

Last edited:
I think Sherk should be in, I think you would be very hard pressed to name more than a few fighters more deserving at the weightclasses he fought in.

What the hell am I hearing K-flo and Kalib Starnes deserve it more?

Starnes is just ludicrous.

Ken Flo never got the belt.

He beat some good people but always came up short.

If Kenny deserves to be in the HOF, how does Sherk not deserve it more, then?

SARCASM!!! thats what the kalib thing was, jeez get a brain,
and yes K-flo has done more for the sport than sean has

He won the title beating a very green Kenny Florian and tested positive in his only title defense. He'd have to return to active competition and do something spectacular imo.

Nope, 2-2 record since getting popped for roids and the 2 wins were far from convincing to say the least

theres a lot of fighters nearing retirement who while they had great runs are just below Hall of Fame status:guys like Sherk, Bonnar and Serra

He could, but he certainly not at the top of the list.
Yes he did win the title, but the detractions are that he won a vacant title and was stripped after defending it once. He also doesn't fight as often as some other current fighters who could/would make it into the HOF (albeit injuries did play a role)

It's not that simple
Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock

Royce and Sham got popped long after their primes, and they are considered pioneers, Sherk is just a guy that got popped for roids. His contribution to the sport is minimal in comparison and his most memorable moments were moaning under GSP's elbows and walking into BJ's fist for 15 minutes. he had his moments but he's no HOFer by any stretch of the imagination

He won the title beating a very green Kenny Florian and tested positive in his only title defense. He'd have to return to active competition and do something spectacular imo.

some sense.. thank you

Bonnar! no way jose!!!
just for the TUF 1 final., hells no, he's a cheat

Royce and Sham got popped long after their primes, and they are considered pioneers, Sherk is just a guy that got popped for roids. His contribution to the sport is minimal in comparison and his most memorable moments were moaning under GSP's elbows and walking into BJ's fist for 15 minutes. he had his moments but he's no HOFer by any stretch of the imagination

I agree, that's what I meant. It's not that easy just to say "roids = no" when guys there are guys who have accomplished so much in their careers and helped pioneer the sport who have tested positive, even if it happened past their prime

He has accomplished a lot, but he's certainly not on the top of the list for people to get in

The last time he finished anyone in the UFC was in 2002. Not really hall of fame material.

It's not even certain that he took roids.

The NSAC is very strict on steroid policy, and Sherk's case was so convincing, that they only gave him half the time which is something they rarely do.

We can't say for sure that he took steroids.

No. He is a great fighter but i don't think he had the career he could have had. His record is mostly padded, with only a few good wins. That's not to say he couldn't have had much bigger wins, but he spent years fighting outside the UFC, and then began to decline a few years after they resigned him.

Who cares if the person took steroids or not?

They should just level out the playing field and make them legal already.

So many people take them, it's just getting very easy to cover them up. Local head shops sell masking agents.

And this coming from a guy who has never even touched steroids.

hell no, next someone will say Kalib starns HOF

You're comparing Sherk - who was the LW Champion - to Khalib Starnes? Wow. Just ... wow.

I think you should really study up on MMA - and learn the difference between Sherk - and Starnes.

Thanks in advance.

i love sherk, but sorry no he's not a hall of famer :-(

Back