Sean O'Malley KO Eddie Wineland GIFS

Hi nice KO, but I still really want to see this kid against a legit opponent. No disrespect to wineland but he's not even gatekeeper level anymore.

There was a punch that rocked eddie before the wheel kick was thrown. I think that first punch had him dazed so he didn’t even know what was coming next.
Thank Christ somebody else saw this, Sean rocked him with a short right hook seconds before this. Eddie was badly rocked and more or less just stood there waiting for the next shot.

No one on the commentary team even mentioned this. They just kept spamming the KO shot on the replays.

Reactions: DS
Sean looked fucking MASSIVE compared to Eddie...I don't say that to take anything away from the result.

I'll give you a like for the gifs but still not sold on O'Hype-ley

was funny right before the KO it showed a tweet from some fighter in the corner saying he didn’t think Suga was anything special and thought Wineland would win.

That was a GREAT KO. One of the cleanest I have seen. Too dab Cody's was probably better that night but I have always said that I like O'Malley's fighting style and persona. Hopefully they will give him a big name opponent next and he keeps on winning.

@KazDibiase can we get a gif of the body kick/right hook combo that proceeded the missed spinning kick and KO punch?

I remember thinking that Wineland was rocked from that and nobody noticed.

I didn't see the fight yet but it sounds accurate that he must have been rocked before that, like others are saying. If not then that is some awful defense and not much else

Would be nice have a gif that sums up the strikes leading up to that KO

I'm pretty sure his spinning kick landed to the body as well.
yeah. eddie cracked him with a punch or too, and omalley launched a spinning heel to the liver. i said "ooooo that one got him." then a couple seconds later omalley lands a roundhouse to the liver again. im like yeah he did get em. at that point wienland just couldnt keep his hands up or move, and he got duffed

i been tellin dudes on this forumn but they wanna talk shit, this kid is special

Very impressive but he still hasn't fought anyone of consequence.

Eddie is on the downswing of his career and a decade older than Sean. I want to see Sean get put in there with some more of the top guys.

Having said that, that was impressive as hell and he looks like he can probably do it with anyone.

with those skills and reach, he's going to be hard to stop. cejudo still beats him, though.

Give him a 15er, a 10 and then top 5. Don’t throw him in that shark tank yet

BlushingMessyLadybird-size_restricted.gif
ThornyAcidicCuckoo-size_restricted.gif
EnragedSlimyHoki-size_restricted.gif
Lol. He didn’t even move out of the way ?
He telegraphed that punch from three time zones away

Time for Omalley to be tested now, he obviously has good potential, and the UFC like him, but he hasn't faced a top 15.. or probably even a top 25 fighter yet. I like him and want to see what he can do but the time for squash matches is over.

His opponents;
Ware: 0-4 in the UFC, currently on a 6 fight losing streak.
Soukhamthath: 2-5 in the UFC against low calibre opponents.
Quinonez: 5-3 in the UFC, better record, but himself never been, or fought a ranked opponent.
Wineland: 6-8 in the UFC, was once a a good level fighter but 35 and 1-3 in the last four years.

Anything other than a top 20 fighter now is pointless. Yadong, Vera, or even Rivera would be great fights. Starting there he could challenge for the title by late 2021 if he racks up 3 more wins I think.

Keeping your hands up is generally considered to be a good idea.

Back