Media Sean O'Connell retires after winning PFL 1 million Dollars

Surely fighters have worked out how to minimise their taxes, especially things like getting paid in a way that they pay out expenses before tax?

In the UK I reckon people could get away with paying about 20-25%

If he got 300k as you predict that’s not really a retirement amount unless he has significant forms of income from elsewhere

He has to do a 1099R form for the income earned for fighting. The money he earned all year from fight purses will amount to his annual income for 2018. After that starts the assraping. An accountant will help especially if he is a homeowner and has a small business but he needs kids, lots and lits of kids, 9 to be exact, and hope he married that woman and she doesnt work....

How is this league able to afford to give out 1 mil to the winners? I've never even heard of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...hts-1-million-wins-immediately-retires-189114
mma-rock-paper-scissors-gif.gif

Take that money and put it to use so that you never have to work again or if you do work, you're doing something you love.

Bless.

Take that money and put it to use so that you never have to work again or if you do work, you're doing something you love.

Bless.
That is less than $400k after taxes and gym/manager fees. I am not sure how it can last a lifetime.

"I am here to take all the money, all the belts, and then I'm gone" - O'Connell

Nice. If I was some dude ranked 15-20 in the UFC, I would leave the UFC and go to PFL. This dude was 2-5 in the UFC and probably got paid more than everyone he has fought in the UFC in all of their fights combined. (I mean this as in he made more winning this tournament than someone like Perosh made in all of his UFC fights combined.)

People forget that it took 3 fights to win the 1 million across 2 different events. So he is paying for 2 training camps, %20, 3 x management and camp fees, %30. Then after he is taxed half of the remainder.... he only got $250k for THREE fights. Fucking chump change.

That is less than $400k after taxes and gym/manager fees. I am not sure how it can last a lifetime.
I think its more than $400k after that. And notice I said IF YOU HAVE TO WORK, meaning that the money won't last forever.

I was going to wreck you for posting PFL stuff in the UFC forum TS, but then you posted the funny gif so now I love you.
Forum narcs also double for little Richard in gay movies.

I thought Vinny would beat Bader on the TUF Finale and I thought he'd beat McConnell last night. 0 for 2.
Vinny’s entire career is pretty much choking in the his biggest fights, tho if I remember correctly he won some low level belt not long ago

Good for him. Like everyone, I did not pick him to win the tournament. He is also doing well in the commentary booth. Hopefully he can permanently replace Bas in season 2.

I can't help think Vinny just needed a bit more serious preparation to take that $1 mil. His big muscles make him gas too quickly.

Holy shit I kind of forgot about that guy.

Couldnt have happened to a better dude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back