Scott Coker wants Francis Ngannou to fight MMA for Bellator, box for Showtime after recent meeting

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Coker is keen to do business with Ngannou, 36, and he’s optimistic a deal could come together after a recent sit down with Ngannou.

“From my perspective, then you talk about signing him to Bellator, we’re also talking about having a conversation with him and Stephen (Espinoza), which happened earlier this week, about getting into Showtime pay-per-view boxing, too,” Coker told MMA Junkie and other reporters Friday ahead of Bellator 291. “I think we have a great company to offer him both sides of the combat sports business that he would like to, which is fight MMA and also box. I think we’re a great fit. There’s ongoing discussions, so we’ll see what happens.”
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023...ou-fight-bellator-box-showtime-recent-meeting

It would be the ideal situation that I would want to see for him but he goes elsewhere

Bigger mismatch yes … bigger fight ‘ depends if Fury is allowed in the US… which is not happening at this moment
The bout would happen in Saudi Arabia anyway. No one is paying Ngannou the money he is asking besides the Saudis

The bout would happen in Saudi Arabia anyway. No one is paying Ngannou the money he is asking besides the Saudis
I don’t see anyone paying 30 mil for Francis… still Wilder vs Ngannou is a far closer and entertaining fight … fury will outbox him easily

Bellator needs to do something to keep their viewers as they move to Paramount plus. Ngannou is their best bet.

I'd probably not sign with anyone if I were him and try to land a one off boxing bout.

Get that boxing bout and after he loses then come to the table with everyone. Shit he could even think ok i got paid and lost and what if Jones is now UFC HW champ, going back there might be an option, doubtful but possible.

Otherwise its Bellator/Showtime and PFL/Top Rank/ESPN+.

Both would give him option to fight in mma and boxing. Bellator has better mma HW and good boxing bout with Wilder. PFL/ESPN+/Top Rank have better platform and bigger Fury fight in boxing but no names in mma.

Honestly not much of anything I care to see him in out there. I guess Wilder fight would be most interesting just from a pure violent car crash type finish you'd end up seeing with them just swinging on each other. I dont card to see him get boxed up by Fury, fight no names in PFL or fight the likes of Bader and Kongo and Mowry in Bellator.

I'd probably not sign with anyone if I were him and try to land a one off boxing bout.

Get that boxing bout and after he loses then come to the table with everyone. Shit he could even think ok i got paid and lost and what if Jones is now UFC HW champ, going back there might be an option, doubtful but possible.

Otherwise its Bellator/Showtime and PFL/Top Rank/ESPN+.

Both would give him option to fight in mma and boxing. Bellator has better mma HW and good boxing bout with Wilder. PFL/ESPN+/Top Rank have better platform and bigger Fury fight in boxing but no names in mma.

Honestly not much of anything I care to see him in out there. I guess Wilder fight would be most interesting just from a pure violent car crash type finish you'd end up seeing with them just swinging on each other. I dont card to see him get boxed up by Fury, fight no names in PFL or fight the likes of Bader and Kongo and Mowry in Bellator.

Yeah do the boxing fight then if it goes terribly see who's offering the most money in MMA.

Yeah do the boxing fight then if it goes terribly see who's offering the most money in MMA.
He wants to get 30 million for the boxing bout, aka 4 times what he would make in the UFC if the 8 mill per bout figure was correct. I think Ngannou knows he doesn't have long, maybe the knee injury was worse then we thought

Get wrecked by Fury/AJ/Wilder and then by Bader and call it a career

If he will fight for Bellator are they going to give him Ryan Bader and maybe risking a loss? Because losing in Bellator as a former ufc champ does not look good.

Just like with Tim Sylvia against Fedor.

If he will fight for Bellator are they going to give him Ryan Bader and maybe risking a loss? Because losing in Bellator as a former ufc champ does not look good.

Just like with Tim Sylvia against Fedor.
You think Ryan Bader has a snowball's chance in hell against big Francis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back