Scott Coker says up to 13K expected for 'Bellator 142: Dynamite' in San Jose

Coker is having these event in cali. Im sure he is relying on gate as well... to be fair tho, nose bleed fans in any event usually end up looking up at the jumbotron... im sure the same thing will happen for those sitting far cage and ringside...

Coker probably went with ring and cage to give it a unique look...

He is def. Looking for tv rating as well.. no doubt he is trying to build a sponsorship pool for fighters and org.

The floor seats are worse then any other section at every event unless you are in the first 5 rows or so. Of course he is relying on gate to make money but it doesnt mean he isnt catering to TV for the event.

I love that people want to go and support Bellator but this out of any MMA event is the one you want to watch at home on your HDTV. The view is going to be complete shit and you will be watching it on the arena screen the whole night anyway.

I wish they could have just come to an agreement and had the Glory fights in the cage or something because the two ring thing is just fucked from a spectator standpoint.

I think it depends on where you sit. Sitting directly behind the cage or ring will def block your view, but From section 114 where I'll be sitting it looks like I'll have a great view of both the ring and cage based on the renderings. People going should choose their seat wisely.

The very first Strikeforce in San Jose had 18K. Maybe he is just predicting low so that it will look even better when there is more than 13K???

The very first Strikeforce in San Jose had 18K. Maybe he is just predicting low so that it will look even better when there is more than 13K???

That show had two MASSIVE local draws on it in Frank Shamrock and Cung Le, a notorious WWE washout (Daniel Puder), and a bunch of popular AKA guys (Giblert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Mike Kyle). This upcoming Bellator card has nothing to approach that kind of local flavor. Plus, even though Strikeforce did draw 18K that one time, by the end of their run they couldn't even break 10K in that building. Their tickets sales dropped off dramatically when Le or Shamrock weren't on the card. Even Nick Diaz couldn't top 10K without those guys on the card.

That show had two MASSIVE local draws on it in Frank Shamrock and Cung Le, a notorious WWE washout (Daniel Puder), and a bunch of popular AKA guys (Giblert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Mike Kyle). This upcoming Bellator card has nothing to approach that kind of local flavor. Plus, even though Strikeforce did draw 18K that one time, by the end of their run they couldn't even break 10K in that building. Their tickets sales dropped off dramatically when Le or Shamrock weren't on the card. Even Nick Diaz couldn't top 10K without those guys on the card.

This card is pretty stacked though. Maybe not 18k stacked, but stacked.

Just noticed Josh Thomson is on this card against Mike Bronzoulis. Should be a decent fight.

Back