Scott Coker says up to 13K expected for 'Bellator 142: Dynamite' in San Jose

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by AGEZ909, Aug 22, 2015.

1. AGEZ909

AGEZ909 Brown Belt

Bellator President Scott Coker

2. AGEZ909

AGEZ909 Brown Belt

article says that they have already sold 5.5k tickets... it would be a pleasant surprise, but its not impossible.. especially with the addition of another local in Thomson. im sure they are going to start promoting it a bit more as it gets closer...

coker is also based out of cali and has his connections there.. im sure he will give a massive push for last minute tickets... if bellator could draw 13k to this event, that would be a HUGE step forward for the company. that is a massive gate by bellator standards..

3. MMAddict21

MMAddict21 Brown Belt

Eh, it'll get over 10,000, but I doubt 13,000

4. PIT FIGHTER

PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighter

Whateva.

Let me know when they start giving out the comps.

5. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Would be a nice number, 5k a month out isnt bad, might have to comp some to get that number but they should def be able to get 10k in there.

Gate will be interesting, def should be able to break 500k for the first time if they can get 10k to 12k in there.

6. Steve4192

Steve4192 Silver Belt

If Coker has demonstrated one thing throughout his career as an MMA promoter, it's that he knows how to put butts in the seats in that building. He's run so many shows there that I am sure he has a very good feel for how many people he can get to show up for any given card based off of early sales.

7. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Reading this story makes me glad that it isn't reported as news any time DFW speculates about how many tickets he might sell to watch each UFC show.

Still better than reading about Twitter beefs, though.

8. TheShockmaster

TheShockmaster Purple Belt

There must be a few Californians who owe Scott Coker a few beers for the amount of comped tickets he gives out.

9. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I live in San Jose and have been struggling for the last few weeks as to whether I want to go or not. My girlfriend has been asking to go to a live event since I've gone with my brother to every other event I've been to. Not sure how I feel about this card yet. I just hope McGeary smashes Ortiz.

10. Kuggk

Kuggk Purple Belt

I'll be there

11. cann

cann Blue Belt

Got 5-6 tickets. I'll be there. Going with a few friends.

12. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

If you are close and the tix are cheap you should go.

13. VIP1349

VIP1349 Silver Belt

Get your ass to the show man. They will be comping mad tickets if it's a money thing.

14. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

Huge if true.

If they cover most of their costs with Gate that means Bellator is almost free to produce, meaning the ads are almost pure Viacom profit.

Good news!

15. LayonJesus

LayonJesus Orange Belt

I love that people want to go and support Bellator but this out of any MMA event is the one you want to watch at home on your HDTV. The view is going to be complete shit and you will be watching it on the arena screen the whole night anyway.

I wish they could have just come to an agreement and had the Glory fights in the cage or something because the two ring thing is just fucked from a spectator standpoint.

16. thedevious

thedevious Everyone Is On PEDs Except Me

It's a unique live show which is hard to come by these days. Two fighting surfaces and a one night tournament. Seeing Tito live is also a chance you won't get too many more times. I'd do it if I could.

17. Baba Ghanoush

Baba Ghanoush Black Belt

Yeah or vice versa and just have gone with a ring.

18. LayonJesus

LayonJesus Orange Belt

For sure, but having both is the worst decision possible unless you are only catering to the TV crowd which is 100% likely.

19. AGEZ909

AGEZ909 Brown Belt

Im sure bellator wont be seeing a profit for a while... they are far from being a stable org...

What bellator needs is brand recognition. Im sure coker doesnt have the budget for it yet, but what they need to do is promote up and down..

What is the point of having a good product if you cant promote it to the masses? these 1 month breaks between cards are def. Hurting bellator... considering that they hardly do promoting between cards... surely some forget about bellator. coker is doing it right in picking up mid level talent where ever he can tho... get sheer eyeballs to his product to help with ad/sponsorship deal and gate...

It may not be pretty, but this is the road he has to take.

20. AGEZ909

AGEZ909 Brown Belt

Coker is having these event in cali. Im sure he is relying on gate as well... to be fair tho, nose bleed fans in any event usually end up looking up at the jumbotron... im sure the same thing will happen for those sitting far cage and ringside...

Coker probably went with ring and cage to give it a unique look...

He is def. Looking for tv rating as well.. no doubt he is trying to build a sponsorship pool for fighters and org.