Scott Coker firing shots at Ben Askren

Ed Ruth is the last guy in the world Askren would want to fight.

Like zero hype/name recognition other than with the hardcore of HARDCORE fans, and the worst stylistic matchup for Askren possible.

Scott Coker knows how to scout for these great talents, ffs! Ed Ruth is a beast, and soon, MMA fans will know his name, just like Cormier back in the Strikeforce days.

Dana White is way overrated as a promoter and talent developer.

JJ4H0q3.jpg

In the whole scheme of things this thread is completely irrelevant and outdated. Sorry TS, but the only shots fired were blanks.

Personally, i don’t give a flying fuck about Twitter or any other kind of media bullshit. I just want Ben to shut the fuck up and fight someone.

Is it wrong that I think Askren looks mentally retarded?

Hey, I appreciate his hustle, but damn, sometimes a peron's faces is enough to make me angry.

Scott Coker knows how to scout for these great talents, ffs! Ed Ruth is a beast, and soon, MMA fans will know his name, just like Cormier back in the Strikeforce days.

Dana White is way overrated as a promoter and talent developer.
Like it was such a mystery that Ed Ruth would have become a great fighter.

Askren himself made a list in 2014 about the top college wrestlers that in his opinion could make it into mma, and he put Ruth number 1.

"1.Ed Ruth– Now my initial assumption is that he will probably wrestle, but this guy could make millions fighting MMA within years. The more I watched him the more I was impressed with him, despite his laziness at times he was still very dominant this season. This dude has all the tools necessary, his body control is unmatched and grip is ridiculous. He would be nasty in BJJ immediately and with his range and agility would pick up the striking quickly also. The only thing that can stop Ed would be him getting complacent at the wrong time."

https://awawisconsin.com/which-2014-seniors-will-make-great-mma-fighters/

Scott Coker isn't a genius for scouting great talent, simply he is willing to sign 0-0 kids out of college and the UFC does not.

I believe Askren.

I trust anyone over a promoter. A promoters job is to LIE.

Though Coker seems like a good human being, stinging is just what the scorpion does.

I'm kinda confused about the mechanics of this anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong (and I could be for sure) but wasn't Askren essentially "traded" for Mighty Mouse? I understand that the reality is that it was just a backroom deal by each org to release both guys from their contracts but I have to believe the UFC would do their due diligence and be damn sure that Ben was signing with them before they'd just let DJ go.

In other words, how does Bellator even get in the mix? Barring Ben telling the UFC he'd sign with them and then backing out last minute, I don't see how this would have played out with Ben going back to Bellator.

I think Coker is a decent Promoter and worked with his cards well... and a lot of his fighters don’t have dw shit on him or threaten to release said type shit.

That said.

I don’t see Ben ducking Rory.
No disrespect to Rort, elite gladiator....
but if u watch fights and even remotely follow the business...

Not so sure about that.

How is that "firing shots"?

How is Coker's reply even any kind of a rebuttal? He's just backing up Askren's point..... Askren only needs a one fight deal to fight Rory. He does not need a three fight deal to fight Rory.
msty.gif

i still think askren is a nobody, bottom line his record is good but his opponents were all shit, he had maybe 2 at most decent opponents. His wrestling is so superior to any of his opponents like kahbib, that all askren does is turn mma fights into wrestling matches like he's back in college.

In terms of other aspects of mma and other skill sets he has none, his only good asset is his wrestling, his submission game, striking, and over all technical skills suck ass...just watch his pre work out videos, askren looks like an amateur at best.

Askren wants to fight guys like gsp to see who's the best wrestler, the best fighter over all is gsp by light years ahead of ass crack.

Its real simple if askren was killing it and destroying top guys that fans have heard of then he would've been signed by the ufc years ago....the truth is the ufc never really had any interest in him, and the only reason he's in the ufc now is because of the "TRADE DEAL THAT THE UFC AND ONE MADE WITH EACH OTHER".....THIS WAS A MONEY DEAL FOR BOTH PARTIES AND INDIVIDUALS INVOLED.

for askren it was a way to get out of One, and finally get his shot at being in the ufc with hopes of better pay and fighting top guys....for DJ it was a way for him to try out in another organziation in hopes of being recognized by hopefully dominating in two different organiztions and I'm sure One wasn't cheap in paying DJ good money, so for both askren and dj it was probably a win win situation and also for the ufc and One.

So he confirms Askren told the truth. He was willing to come back to Bellator to fight Rory, but didn't want a three-fight deal. I don't get the controversy.

How is that "firing shots"?

How is Coker's reply even any kind of a rebuttal? He's just backing up Askren's point..... Askren only needs a one fight deal to fight Rory. He does not need a three fight deal to fight Rory.
That's how it works? You can get a one-fight UFC deal to take on their champion? Why even take a 50k/50k fight against, say, a top-10 guy when you can get much more money fighting the champ?

Fedor had no issue with a one-fight deal with the UFC. The issue was that the UFC demanded a multi-fight deal and exclusivity.

Back