Scotch or Bourbon

?

• Total voters
I think it was around 46 bucks
Oh that’s not bad at all, I was thinking it was a bit pricier than that. That sounds like a good deal, I’ll put it on my list. You should give the PF a try sometime and see how they compare.
Nice man, I’m planning on picking up red breast, some basil hayden and a scotch this weekend. Probably for when fights kick back into gear
Redbreast is gonna change your life, man. :)
My advice is start with the Redbreast 12, which is generally between $50-$60, and is sort of the “flagship” of the Redbreast line. I’ve also tried the 15, and the Lustau. All great. If I had to rank them, I’d say:
1. Redbreast 15
2. Redbreast 12
3. Redbreast Lustau

Oh that’s not bad at all, I was thinking it was a bit pricier than that. That sounds like a good deal, I’ll put it on my list. You should give the PF a try sometime and see how they compare.

Redbreast is gonna change your life, man. :)
My advice is start with the Redbreast 12, which is generally between $50-$60, and is sort of the “flagship” of the Redbreast line. I’ve also tried the 15, and the Lustau. All great. If I had to rank them, I’d say:
1. Redbreast 15
2. Redbreast 12
3. Redbreast Lustau
definitely buying the PF next time

How bout a Rye tonight.

hGvHmdz.jpg

And more of a boxing fan, so I guess I rewatch this with it

Haha oddly enough I’m doing that too! I’m making a Vieux Carre cocktail which has both rye whisky and cognac. I really like that High West! My gf didn’t, she thought it tasted “mossy.” Lol. For my drink I’m using:
18FDAE5E-059A-4D44-B82A-EB7F48574974.jpg

I have some Whistle Pig but not that one. Looks good. Is it Spicy.
Yeah it’s 100% rye so it’s pretty spicy. It’s also 96 proof. So here’s the thing; just like @Zebra Cheeks was on a mission to make a perfect Moscow Mule, I’ve been on a mission to make a perfect Vieux Carre. I like Carpano Antica for my sweet vermouth, and the Pierre Ferrand for my cognac. But that cognac is really smooth, and so I want a rye that stands up to the cognac and vermouth and doesn’t get lost in the drink. This rye works nicely because of the spice and higher proof.

Here’s the drink, btw
D6DCB436-AD34-4F76-8F4B-43D1B932D18C.jpeg

Yeah it’s 100% rye so it’s pretty spicy. It’s also 96 proof. So here’s the thing; just like @Zebra Cheeks was on a mission to make a perfect Moscow Mule, I’ve been on a mission to make a perfect Vieux Carre. I like Carpano Antica for my sweet vermouth, and the Pierre Ferrand for my cognac. But that cognac is really smooth, and so I want a rye that stands up to the cognac and vermouth and doesn’t get lost in the drink. This rye works nicely because of the spice and higher proof.

Here’s the drink, btw
View attachment 824940

Looks Delicious.

Keep an eye out for Knob Creek Barrel Strength Rye. It's bout 60-70 dollars a bottle but is Cask Strength and spice. So it might hold its own with yak.

12034959999006.png

Looks Delicious.

Keep an eye out for Knob Creek Barrel Strength Rye. It's bout 60-70 dollars a bottle but is Cask Strength and spice. So it might hold its own with yak.

12034959999006.png
Will do! I like Knob Creek but never tried that one. I’ll see if I can snag it.

American wheated whiskey is where all the fun is happening recently. Whistlepig is the standard but things like Willet private stock can give any high dollar scotch or bourbon a run.

Back