• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scored 30-26 for Khamzat

The first was complete domination and then the second and third he slowed down big time but I felt he still won. Especially with the takedowns. More importantly what did Usman do?
What did Usman do? He outstruck him.

Leaning more towards 29-28. But A MD for Khamzat is ok.
10-8, 1 round for Usman and 1 round a draw.

Usman did more damage in the 2nd and 3rd
Khamzat just had a lot of control that killed his cardio

Old injured Usman wins a 5 rounder though and without short notice he does, too.

Why did you score rounds 2 and 3 for Khamzat? He got outstruck and Usman did more damage, plus Khamzat did almost nothing with the takedowns, round 2 he had zero ground strikes, round 3 he had 1.
Khamzat landed strikes on Usman after taking him down to atone for the difference in the standup, which wasn’t even much

round 2 was the closest round so Usman’s best chance at winning a round was there

for Usman to WIN he needed to get lucky judging in all 3 rounds. Too much of a long shot imo

Khamzat landed strikes on Usman after taking him down to stone for the difference in the standup, which wasn’t even much

round 2 was the closest round so Usman’s best chance at winning a round was there

for Usman to WIN he needed to get lucky judging in all 3 rounds. Too much of a long shot imo

Oh I don't think Usman won, I think the one judge got it right 28-28. Not sure what you're saying in that first sentence. There were no ground strikes in round 2 and only 1 in round 3. Khamazt had more control time in round 3 than he did in round 2 but he also took more strikes in round 3 than he did in round 2.

Oh I don't think Usman won, I think the one judge got it right 28-28. Not sure what you're saying in that first sentence. There were no ground strikes in round 2 and only 1 in round 3. Khamazt had more control time in round 3 than he did in round 2 but he also took more strikes in round 3 than he did in round 2.
Sorry I had a typo, I fixed it

fair enough, and that’s fine cause Usman did very well when it was all said and done. And khamzat is much more clearly revealed to be a blitz fighter/sprinter and has yet to learn how to level out his offense in the fight as a whole.

5 round fights could be a huge weakness for khamzat going forward so he needs to undertake big training to improve that

Is that what we call maintaining a dominant position now?

"Maintaining a dominant position". Christ. This is a fucking fight, not a grappling match, or a police restraining course.

If some white guy were fighting like this he'd be getting dumped on, not pushed to the moon eeking out majority decision wins fighting blown up LWs & WWs.

"Maintaining a dominant position". Christ. This is a fucking fight, not a grappling match, or a police restraining course.

If some white guy were fighting like this he'd be getting dumped on, not pushed to the moon eeking out majority decision wins fighting blown up LWs & WWs.
Yes, and in a fight you win if you can hold the other person down so that you can hit them but they can't hit you. If "some white guy" did this to Usman I would be just as impressed. GSP basically built his entire career around doing this.

I scored it 29-28 Khamzat

But it's crazy, you could score this fight in a variety of different ways for either guy or as a draw and they're all valid. All you can say for sure is Khamzat won round 1 while rounds 2 & 3 were close. Then it's a matter of what you value more (ground control vs shots landed) and whether you think the first round was 10-9 or 10-8.

Round 1 was 100% Khamzat and maybe a 10-8. Round 2 and 3 could have gone either way so I don’t think 30-26 is a crazy score but neither is 29-28, or 28-28.

10-8 first round, second seemed like a draw, third could’ve gone either way.

Rd 1 10-8 Khamzat
Rd 2 10-9 Usman
Rd 3 10-9 Khamzat

I had it 29-28 for Usman because the first round, as dominant as it was, was no 10-8 in my eyes because in no moment did Khamzat came close to finish Usman. It was a total domination of positions but he was never really close to a finish.

Second and third did to Usman because he was the aggressor on the feet and defended some takedowns and Khamzat did absolutely nothing once he took him down. I have to say I was maybe a little biased by the decsion from the first fight and was like "ok, they dont count ground control so Khamzat has done nothing else in the 2nd and 3rd".

If Khamzat was closer to a finish or a sub but he wasn't for a 10-8. Aljo didn't get 10-8 rounds for backpack mode.

29-28 for either guy is fair. Usman waited too late in the 3rd to turn it on. Coin toss round.

Draw

Despite doing almost no damage I thought 10-8 for the first. But I prefer much more nuance in scoring than the mma community.

The next 2 rounds 10-9 usman.

But I did have to wonder if anyone can name a 10-8 round with less damage. I certainly can't.

The first round was definitely a 10-8. He dominated position the entire time and Kamaru landed like 0 significant strikes. What people historically scored 10-8 is actually 10-7. 10-8 by the rules just means a round that wasn't close. 10-9 is a close round according to the rules. Everyone keeps forgetting.

Everyone knows it, but the judges never do it.

Back