• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scored 30-26 for Khamzat

Honestly 30-26 Chimaev and 28-28 are both fair scores
1st: Clear Chimaev, potentially 10-8 depending how much you value submission attempts and control
2nd: Razor close, depends how you view the takedown at the 30 second mark
3rd: Another close round, also would depend how you score top control

The crazy thing about this fight is that 30-26 and 28-28 are both entirely acceptable scores. One clear 10-8 round and two close 10-9 rounds.

For the record, I did not score round 3 for Usman but can see the argument.

28-28 is not an acceptable score unless you're blind. Lol

1st round: 10-8 chimaev on grappling dominance and duration (no much impact though)
2nd round: 10-9 usman. no much happened in this round, but the most significative strikes were from usman, depsite the late TD.
3rd round: usman. clearly more significative impact from kamaru. enough for me to overcome the TD from chimaev which didn't lead to much damage or dominance

28-28.

but on the overall impression, with the first round being so lopsided and the two others ones being much more even, i'm ok with chimaev winning.

I thought you could argue he won all 3 rounds. I just never hand out 10-8's because I assume the judges aren't either. Unless it's absurd they even made it to the end of the round.
don't you think that the first round is 10-8 ?

don't you think that the first round is 10-8 ?
I do, but the judges haven't been handing them out unless it's that kind of round plus damage and Usman wasn't damaged. The fact Usman pepped back up the next 2 rounds to me means the round didn't take much from Usman.

The first was complete domination and then the second and third he slowed down big time but I felt he still won. Especially with the takedowns. More importantly what did Usman do?
Yes

Was surprised so many people were saying usman won

I think there's a lot of underestimating of just how significant it is to outwrestle and dominate someone like Usman on the ground.

Nobody has ever done that to him.

To me that holds a lot more value in this fight than whatever pitter patter Usman landed.

There's cases where takedowns didn't accomplish much and should be scored appropriately.

In this case, the domination of wrestling and grappling was huge. Which took place in every single round.

Because he didn't land a lot of blows, people seem to just be ignoring the impact of that level of control. And this is where nuance exists as to how fights should be scored.

Just because minimal damage was done, doesn't mean you ignore everything that just took place on the ground.

I didn't give any rounds to Usman and round one was a 10-8 Usman had zero offense in that round. I still give him is due propers for stepping in and seemed to be coming alive a bit in the third. It's hard to say how a fourth or fifth round would have gone but i'd still think he would have needed a finish.

The first was complete domination and then the second and third he slowed down big time but I felt he still won. Especially with the takedowns. More importantly what did Usman do?
I assumed it was a 10-8 round but since no damage was done, it was easy to accept 10-9. The other 2 rounds were close.....personally I could not score that fight but in totality I think Kaz won.

Back