Schaub 100k+ Sponsorship confirmed on Fight Companion. Dana White was WRONG.

This rebuttal with Rogan was a mistake by Schaub. He should've stayed silent until he's retired. It's not like Schaub is going to form a fighter Union so there's no point in defying his boss.

Rogan is destroying Schaub's career, first telling him false praise about his radio skills and now this.

wut

I need to find the video, he didn't say that was his lowest pay day in his career. He said it was his lowest payday in his past X amount of fights, but I cant remember how many fights he said. He has spoke very openly aobut how much he made for the Nelson/CroCop/Nog fights. I believe he said it was his lowest sponsor pay in his like 5 fights or something like that.

This is an excerpt from the article I sourced. If you have his comments to the contrary please provide it. I provided a sourced for my comments. If you do find one it show that he says a lot of stuff he doesn't mean.

While Schaub did not offer specific numbers regarding how much he did (or, in this case, did not) make, he stated that the net income from his UFC 181 tilt with Travis Browne, in spite of being a main card bout on one of 2014's best pay-per-views, was the lowest of his UFC career.

Remember not only was it the lowest net pay of his career he still made over 100k in sponsor money. If he is being honest then he must have made over 100k in sponsorship money for every fight he's had in the UFC, and not just the last 6 like he recently claimed. It seems highly unlikely he made well over a 100k for his 2nd UFC fight. Which was a vaunted tilt vs Chase Gormley on Verses coming off a brutal loss.

What ..??

70k a month from a Podcast ?

Is it followed by 5 millions people or what ???

Its ranked #1 a lot. Routinely does better numbers than Rich Eisen and Keith Olberman's shows and they have been staples on ESPN and radio for 15-20 years.

"New York - FOX Sports

If I was an MMA fighter, I would "fuck off" to Bellator and get rich. I would say to "UFC fighters" when they talk about it being the top league - "well why are you paid so poorly and I make more money in sponsorships than you ever can?".

Honestly, the arrogance shown from the UFC on this.....is utterly STAGGERING.

I am a self employed private contractor and if ANY of my clients (because that is what the UFC IS to fighters.) DARED to say I couldnt take on additional work and I wasnt allowed to use any other companies tools, equipment or services to get the job done, I would end our relationship and start networking & pursuing replacement clients to sell my services to.

And I have a long term career in a long term business & service that humans will always need and generates a massive amount of wealth. Fighters......DONT.

Fighters have a short career. A career where they are paid to inhibit their health and standard of life PERMANENTLY. YET, they are being treated like children and grateful-slaves.

It is madness.

Bellator & Coker could REALLY capitalize on their companies, amazingly now a USP, of freedom of enterprise, sponshorship and wealth creation.

Go to the UFC to be restricted, uniformed and prevented from maximising your income......or go to Bellator and swim around in sponsorship money.

If you make MMA equipment or run MMA gyms......well you cant exactly advertise your services & products on the UFC anymore (without a ridiculous sum & deal between you and the UFC. ) so, you will turn to where you can sponsor individual athletes and negotiate effective terms.

I love the UFC as a spectacle......I am growing to hate it as a business & a fight league.

Good luck to Bellator and the MMA fighters who choose to go there for control of their own destiny and income.

Dana portrayed it as a beneficial thing for both fighter and company, however it really doesn't seem that way any longer. I think what Schaub is doing will open up a lot of eyes and expose this deal, maybe even changing public perception. I still think the worst is yet to come...as soon as it's implemented we'll hear a lot more complaints from fighters.

I dont know why you guys think 100K a fight is so far fetched. Just one of Schuab's past sponsors SALESFORCE is worth more than the UFC and Adidas (reebok's parent company) COMBINED...

Do you really think that the marketing dept at Salesforce is going to waste their time negotiating with Schuab for anything less than 5 figures?? You guys need to get a clue.

Last edited:
I dont know why you guys think 100K a fight is so far fetched. Just one of Schuab's past sponsors SALESFORCE is worth more than the UFC and Adidas (reebok's parent company) COMBINED...

Do you really think that the marketing dept at Salesforce is going to waste their time negotiating with Schuab for anything less than 5 figures?? You guys need to get a clue.
Funny how Dana White conveniently neglected to mention Salesforce.
Doesn't he have a deal with Square, Inc also? Square, Inc was valued at $6 billion last year.
White likes to ignore the large companies that sponsor some fighters which is ironic considering how he tries to say the UFC is as popular as football, baseball, etc. If the sport is so popular, one would think he'd want to mention the big companies sponsoring fighters instead of small beverage companies and local restaurants.

Maybe they shouldn't be. For a company with a 40B market cap you would expect them to turn a profit once in their existance. It seems like they must be hemorrhaging money on a terrible marketing scheme. Sales forces' marketing department wastes lots of money. Thats their company's problem.

The deal is simple for Reebok. They want their brand to be considered "elite", so what they have done is created a situation in the UFC where it looks like a few cool guys are sponsored, and the rest are trying to be part of that group. They want dumbass kids (and adults probably) to see this and think wearing Reebok makes you a winner. It's pathetic group mentality that Reebok is going for, and I don't see how it works in mma because ultimately, the chances are you wind up the wrong end of a shoop worthy KO. Can you imagine shad face repping Reebok?

callan also confirmed this was true and listed his sponsors on the fighter and the kid. no way rogan would lie about seeing the documents when he really didnt. dude just moved into an ocean front apartment and bought a porsche...not from fight money.

Honestly stop buying reebok, plan and simple.

Oh yes... stop buying the company that is supporting MMA.

Reebok is trying to get the most marketing for the least money. BURN THEM!

Dana is liar. Breaking news.

What Dana White says and gets away with -his entire attitude really, shows how small MMA is. lol. You couldn't get away with this stuff in real sports. The media would bury him.

Incorrect. Roger Goodell.

Incorrect. Roger Goodell.

The media, or the sources I use, despise Roger Goodell. But he keeps his job, because his entire purpose is to take heat for the owners. Are we supposed to despise Dana? Cause, I do, but it doesn't seem to be one of his jobs.

Hard to imagine such an unsuccessful fighter was ever paid that much.

It still makes me laugh that "fans" believe Dana over the fighters.

The promoter does whats best for business.

Damn!

That dude either has just fallen ass-backward into a patch of 4-leaf clovers or he is a lot smarter than I thought. Guy knows how to promote his brand and run his finances. Especially for only a better-than-average fighter. Props to Schaub.
Schaub was a pro football player in the NFL.

Back