• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Schaub 100k+ Sponsorship confirmed on Fight Companion. Dana White was WRONG.

I thought he claimed previously he made more from the podcast than he did fighting. Is any of his podcasting sponsorship revenue included in this 100k? Are his fight sponsors completely separate from the podcast, or is there crossover? Like anything the devil is in the details.

Like anything the devil is in the details. Is any of his podcasting sponsorship revenue included in this 100k? Are his fight sponsors completely separate from his fight one or is there crossover?

Huh?

No, podcast revenue does not get included in his sponsorship money for fights. Rogan said he was the paperwork for money he received just from sponsors for fights.

Like someone said earlier, Mitrione fired his manager for only getting him 5k to wear a shirt. Mousasi was getting 25k a fight from Fear The Fighter before they stopped paying. I have no problem believing a guy like Schaub was making a ton of money in sponsors.

I thought he claimed previously he made more from the podcast than he did fighting.
I believe during the "Joe Rogan Talk" he said the podcast makes him just about as much as fighting. But they do what 1-2 podcasts a week, and he only fights 2 maybe 3x a year.

I believe during the "Joe Rogan Talk" he said the podcast makes him just about as much as fighting. But they do what 1-2 podcasts a week, and he only fights 2 maybe 3x a year.

Shaub also claimed he lost 6 sponsors before his last fight. He also claimed it was his lowest net of his pay in his UFC fight career. This seems implausible. That would mean his net income was lower for UFC 181 than his TUF fight for 8k vs Nelson, while still receiving over a 100k in sponsorship money for his fight at 181. Brenden has said a lot of things lately and not all of it is adding up.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...les-following-announcement-of-ufc-reebok-deal

Both of Schaub & Dana also tend to change their stories (and age...) frequently, anyway. Schaub said he makes 70k a month from the podcast, there's no way he makes more from fighting, as his (reported) base pay for 181 & 174 was 32k in both, and he fights 1-2 times a year.

Both of Schaub & Dana also tend to change their stories (and age...) frequently, anyway. Schaub said he makes 70k a month from the podcast, there's no way he makes more from fighting, as his (reported) base pay for 181 & 174 was 32k in both, and he fights 1-2 times a year.

What ..??

70k a month from a Podcast ?

Is it followed by 5 millions people or what ???

What ..??

He said it recently, like maybe a month ago. It's been doing very well, has been consistently #1 or #2 on iTunes and does well on Fox. It's in the sports section, though. But Schaub says a lot of stuff, so that number could be anything.

What ..??

I thought he said Him and Callen both got 6k just for the podcast not counting sponsors, or bonuses for number of downloads and shit.

Shaub also claimed he lost 6 sponsors before his last fight. He also claimed it was his lowest net of his pay in his UFC fight career. This seems implausible. That would mean his net income was lower for UFC 181 than his TUF fight for 8k vs Nelson, while still receiving over a 100k in sponsorship money for his fight at 181. Brenden has said a lot of things lately and not all of it is adding up.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...les-following-announcement-of-ufc-reebok-deal

I need to find the video, he didn't say that was his lowest pay day in his career. He said it was his lowest payday in his past X amount of fights, but I cant remember how many fights he said. He has spoke very openly aobut how much he made for the Nelson/CroCop/Nog fights. I believe he said it was his lowest sponsor pay in his like 5 fights or something like that.

Yeah cause Gegard didn't land a major sponsor just 2 days ago....LOL

This. Fighters can have 1,000,001 sponsors. They just cant wear their stuff fight week, and in the cage. You can blast their shit all year on social media, do appearances, commercials, hang out at their stores and sign autographs...you just cant wear it in the cage.

People seem to think you cant even talk to other companies once the deal kicks in, it's silly.

GSP's endorsement with Affliction was 20K a fight just by itself and percentage of tshirt sales. Chuck's endorsements were 6 figures a fight according to him. Main event guys should get 6 figures in endorsement money since their purses are laughable. I remember Carwin gto 17/17 when he fought Lesnar. LMAO

This. Fighters can have 1,000,001 sponsors. They just cant wear their stuff fight week, and in the cage. You can blast their shit all year on social media, do appearances, commercials, hang out at their stores and sign autographs...you just cant wear it in the cage.

People seem to think you cant even talk to other companies once the deal kicks in, it's silly.

Yeah cause it's so easy to get sponsors like this now, right

Who wants to sponsor a UFC fighter when your product cant be associated with UFC? Unless of course your the 1% of fighters like rousey.

This rebuttal with Rogan was a mistake by Schaub. He should've stayed silent until he's retired. It's not like Schaub is going to form a fighter Union so there's no point in defying his boss.

Rogan is destroying Schaub's career, first telling him false praise about his radio skills and now this.

Who wants to sponsor a UFC fighter when your product cant be associated with UFC? Unless of course your the 1% of fighters like rousey.

It definitely makes sponsors reluctant, in regards to their product not being advertised on the telly

Yeah cause it's so easy to get sponsors like this now, right

Have you tried to get a sponsor lately? If not - then how do you know? So what is the argument? That it's easy to get sponsors? Or that it's too hard for fighters to find them? Shit - Gegard and a dozen others have a lawsuit going right now to get money from a sponsor refusing to pay them.

I get that the Reebok deal doesn't pay enough, and that needs to be fixed. But fighters cant complain "I cant have other sponsors" when they can. And then say "Ok, well I can - but it's too hard to find one that will do it"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back