• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SBBC: Will Smiff's Greatest Hits - Volume 2 (of 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TUF Noob imo.
tbh, kinda. i watched many of the early ones once they came to blockbuster haha. my stepdad, being a huge wrestler, loved that shit especially when Severn and eugene jackson or whatever competed. then i kinda fell off around UFC 10 till GSP pretty much came in, which ya was around the time of TUF 1.

that box set of UFC 1-120 from Afghanistan is the truth tho. rewatch some of the old classics pretty frequently

Rampage got me into PRIDE. Had a buddy of mine that was telling me about this guy from Memphis who was about to fight in this Japanese org. I knew UFC from the early days, I was a Dan Severn "fan" (as much as one could be back then, with the resources that were available to me) but I was never HUGE into it. I learned about Rampage and the whole spectacle just drew me in. Haven't looked back since.

I remember standing in a PACKED sports bar / night club in Norfolk Va. for Chuck v. Rampage in UFC for the belt. Everyone was just doing their own thing and I was one of the few, if not the only, people glued to the TV, even then.

my stepdad used to tell me they had IRL kumites like in Bloodsport.....and that wrestlers always won.

then UFC 1 came out and Royce subbed everyone, i was like 'do tell me more...'

can't really see how someone can confuse you with james van der beek
me neither, although it was when i was younger and had hair, and i think they were using him from the movie Angus as a reference. we both have big oval heads, that's about the only similarity really

I never liked mma, no idea how I ended up here

I actually see quite the resemblance with Derek Fisher

Sandstorm was the shit even before Wand used it as his walkout song. Used to remember seeing the video on MTV

i remember being in 1st year dorm right around when that song came out in 1999

awesome shit, huge pump up song before going out

I never heard of this sandstorm shit till this thread the other day.

lol @ the concept of a man that actually lives in a perpetual sandstorm never hearing the song "sandstorm"

And yea, I remember that song when it came out. Knew some people that were some Warcraft nerds and sandstorm was their shit. I never really got it, but it's a classic song now.

lol @ the concept of a man that actually lives in a perpetual sandstorm never hearing the song "sandstorm"

And yea, I remember that song when it came out. Knew some people that were some Warcraft nerds and sandstorm was their shit. I never really got it, but it's a classic song now.

lol'd at "knew" some warcraft nerds.

saw some video of fedor beating the shit out of someone and i was hooked and found this place, signed up in 2003 but only lurked and then forgot my password so had to create a new account in 2005

saw some video of fedor beating the shit out of someone and i was hooked and found this place, signed up in 2003 but only lurked and then forgot my password so had to create a new account in 2005

Yea, I started with a Hayato Sakurai highlight clip, then started watching different events online at a buddies house. I caught the original few UFC's as well, but like most people had a gap from about UFC 5 to UFC 40 something where I didn't pay much attention.

Following Sakurai was how I eventually became a big Silva fan... which is related to the join date. I lurked here for a while but it was after the Maia fight that Anderson was getting all kinds of hate and I signed up to defend the GOAT lol.

Joined this site in 2006 after lurking for a bit. Got tired of reading all the bullshit in the heavies and had to start posting.

i dont even remember how i found this site

cro cop highlights probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back