Say what you want from PRIDE, but they never protected a Fighter as much as Conor. UFC is a joke!!!!

Dude...I'm Wand 4 life, but they definitely gave him some gimme fights.

Yeah, they protected him by making him fight bums like Mendes, Aldo, RDA if he didn't get injured and Alvarez. Goddamn man...

image002-657x370.jpg

UFC is the biggest joke MMA promotion of our time.

Before we heard the idiots of these forums claim that PRIDE FC was a joke for freak match ups and like 3 fixed fights.

But they always made amazing match ups by making the best fights possible...risky fights for their champs(inb4 some n00b mentions champs fought cans, they did somestimes,but they fought around 3+ real risky fights each year)

Sorry but the UFC is fixed in my eyes if they can't make the Khabib fight ASAP.

They also protected Ronda from Cyborg.

If it was PRIDE FC....They would've done Ronda vs Cyborg, years ago.

They would also made Mystic Tap fight the Russian.

Sorry if the truth hurts but facts r facts.
what a bunch of bullshit.
conor fought like 5 times in just over a year. he doesnt need to have a fight with anyone asap. plus he's having a baby dipshit.
oh and how is ronda protected from cyborg. different divisions buddeh. more bullshit. plus cyroid is a cheating bully.
0/10

They allowed him to fight a late replacement in Mendes, who was a wrestler while Conor's knee was tweaked a bit - that would have been a ridiculous strategy to protect him. They also allowed him to fight a late replacement - who happens to have an iron jaw, and can go 5 rounds easily (Nate Diaz), in a bigger weight class - mid camp...... which was a retarded decision if they were trying to protect him.

Edit - I forgot to write that after Diaz kicked his ass, they allowed Conor an immediate rematch, in a fight I did not think he was gonna win. That didn't seem like protecting him to me either.....

Last edited:

Before we heard the idiots of these forums claim that PRIDE FC was a joke for freak match ups and like 3 fixed fights.

But they always made amazing match ups by making the best fights possible...risky fights for their champs(inb4 some n00b mentions champs fought cans, they did somestimes,but they fought around 3+ real risky fights each year)

dont watch it then

"I'll say that later on that PRIDE wanted [Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira] to win the title and also Mirko [Filipovic] to become champion.

Probably had something to do with the fact that he went 9 fights before he ever defended his HW title.

(Which was a made up title defence too as Fedor and Nog fought in the final at Pride Final Conflict 2004 without the HW title being on the line, and then in the immediate rematch because of the NC the title was suddenly on the line despite still only being the final of the Grand Prix)

Last edited:
Pride protected Wanderlei shamelessly
Arona almost died waiting for a fight...

Conor wouldve had to fight dan henderson if he wanted to move up a weightclass

I just got fight pass yesterday, and I've watched 7 hours of pride so far today trying to catch up on stuff that I've not seen before. Best 7 hours of my life. I've always preferred the ring to the cage and there's just something special about the way the Japanese put on shows.

Leroy Jenkins has nothing better to do over the Christmas period than sit on the internet and try in vain to discredit a guy he's never met. This is also about his 8000th thread this year doing the same thing. Shit is pathetic...

What would you do if Conor fought Khabib, Tony, Holloway again, Aldo again, Woodley, GSP, and KO'd them all? How would your MMA views change?

I predict you'll run and won't answer the question

Pride champions had the most inflated records possible. They were put in freakshow matches against ridiculous competition and against Japanese locals who had no business in the ring.

If you think Conor vs. Diaz was bad, take a look at Sakuraba vs. Wanderlei. They were going to have a 4th one too, but Saku got injured and Wand got Hunt instead (ending his Pride streak).

What would you do if Conor fought Khabib, Tony, Holloway again, Aldo again, Woodley, GSP, and KO'd them all? How would your MMA views change?

I predict you'll run and won't answer the question
It wouldn't happen.

Find me a Pride fighter who had a tougher 5 fights in a row than: Mendes, Aldo, Diaz x2 and Alvarez.

Bonus points for finding one with a tougher streak than McGregors originally booked fights of Aldo, Aldo, RDA, Diaz, Alvarez.

Back