Say what you want from PRIDE, but they never protected a Fighter as much as Conor. UFC is a joke!!!!

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC is the biggest joke MMA promotion of our time.

Before we heard the idiots of these forums claim that PRIDE FC was a joke for freak match ups and like 3 fixed fights.

But they always made amazing match ups by making the best fights possible...risky fights for their champs(inb4 some n00b mentions champs fought cans, they did somestimes,but they fought around 3+ real risky fights each year)

Sorry but the UFC is fixed in my eyes if they can't make the Khabib fight ASAP.

They also protected Ronda from Cyborg.

If it was PRIDE FC....They would've done Ronda vs Cyborg, years ago.

They would also made Mystic Tap fight the Russian.

Sorry if the truth hurts but facts r facts.

You must've missed the time where Fedor won the title and then faced Fujita in his next match in Pride, where the Pride commentators were literally laughing at how much of a joke the fight was and said the touch of gloves would be the only time Fujita landed a punch all night.

But they always made amazing match ups by making the best fights possible...

No doubt about that, who wouldn`t want to see Fedor fight Zululinho after he beat Cro Cop??

<mma3>

No doubt about that, who wouldn`t want to see Fedor fight Zululinho after he beat Cro Cop??

<mma3>
Bro I mentioned in the OP...inb4 somebody addresses cans that champs fought.

They fought cans to keep busy...But fact is that Fedor fought more than the UFC champs have fought these recent years.

Please learn about MMA, kid.

Lol Conor would now be 20-0 against Japanese bums and pro wrestlers

You must've missed the time where Fedor won the title and then faced Fujita in his next match in Pride, where the Pride commentators were literally laughing at how much of a joke the fight was and said the touch of gloves would be the only time Fujita landed a punch all night.

Fedor in his time in PRIDE, had more legit fights than any UFC HW champ in the last 5 years.

Lol Conor would now be 20-0 against Japanese bums and pro wrestlers
Conor would've gotten destroyed in a Lightweight GP.

He would have to face Khabib and Ferguson in one night....Conor doesn't have the skill or stamina.

"Always made amazing match ups by making the best fights possible"

Then acknowledges that Fedor fought cans after the likes of Cro Cop

Ban

A lot of cans thrown in those Pride days. If Conor fought CM Punk this site would shutdown. If Stipe next fight was a sumo wrestler, UFC would be laughed at. Pride did that stuff. Not to mention fixed fights and questionable stand ups. I loved Pride but don't act like Conor isn't slaying top competition frequently.

From Fedor himself. Fedor was never protected. Pride wanted Nog or Cro Cop to win the title because they were the superstars and the faces of Pride more than Fedor was back then.

On Pride:

"No one expected me to become a champion," said Emelianenko. "As far as what [PRIDE] wanted or didn't want, I was not paying any attention to this. This is life. Even when I didn't want something, I had to take it into account.

"I'll say that later on that PRIDE wanted [Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira] to win the title and also Mirko [Filipovic] to become champion. I could feel it and see it, but you can't pay attention to this because it can shatter your psyche. You shouldn't pay attention to this. You should come out, do your thing and win.

UFC sucks right now

Uh, no, 2016 had some of the best cards ever.

196, 199, 202, 205, 206.

2015 was also amazing.

I've been watching MMA for over a decade and it's better now than it's ever been. Ironically it's the former WWE type fans that care more about the business side of things like what Champs are being "protected" than actually watching quality fighting.

I guarantee TS was one of the many who said UFC 206 wasn't PPV worthy or was a shit card. It was fantastic because quality fights > big stars and business bullshit.

@Leroy Jenkins, Khabib vs McGregor is one fight between two fighters on a roster of 200+. If that one matchup not happening makes you so mad, you're the KID who needs to learn more about MMA.

You're missing the forest for two trees.

Last edited:
Conor would've gotten destroyed in a Lightweight GP.

He would have to face Khabib and Ferguson in one night....Conor doesn't have the skill or stamina.

But in Pride Conor woulda fought Takada then a random Gracie. Two easy matchups for the star. The first night. Then woulda had a showdown against Khabib and while Khabib is in side control the ref will stand them up and Conor will KO Khabib through the ropes. (Ex:Wandy vs Rampage)

Protected him that he fought Chad with a knee injury, RDA and Alvarez?

UFC is the biggest joke MMA promotion of our time.

Before we heard the idiots of these forums claim that PRIDE FC was a joke for freak match ups and like 3 fixed fights.

But they always made amazing match ups by making the best fights possible...risky fights for their champs(inb4 some n00b mentions champs fought cans, they did somestimes,but they fought around 3+ real risky fights each year)

Sorry but the UFC is fixed in my eyes if they can't make the Khabib fight ASAP.

They also protected Ronda from Cyborg.

If it was PRIDE FC....They would've done Ronda vs Cyborg, years ago.

They would also made Mystic Tap fight the Russian.

Sorry if the truth hurts but facts r facts.

Protected Ronda from Cyborg how?

Bro I mentioned in the OP...inb4 somebody addresses cans that champs fought.

They fought cans to keep busy...But fact is that Fedor fought more than the UFC champs have fought these recent years.

Please learn about MMA, kid.

PRIDE was a fucking freakshow, kid.

Imagine still being this upset about Conor in current year. <{Joewithit}>

Protected Ronda from Cyborg how?

By signing her, paying her to fight in Invicta, by giving her catch weight fights in the UFC.
Offering her fights at 145 and then sticking a needle in her ass so she would fail a drug test.

Like a boss

Back