Say Aldo finishes Edgar or vice versa

AnarchyRedrum

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Would it be more impressive if Edgar ko Aldo or Aldo subbing Edgar. Thoughts?

Of course it would be more impressive if Edgar KO'd the guy who is on a 14-fights win streak with 8 finishes.

Edgar KO'ing Aldo would be more impressive.

edgar won't KO aldo.

i could see Aldo subbing Edgar after rocking him.

Edgar would be more impressive of course but Edgar will win by decision.

Subbing Aldo would be damn impressive.

The whole fight promises to be impressive, anyway.

saying that if edgar wins it's by some very closeeee decision causing BIG SHITSTORM ON sherdog and SHITTON OF hate on Frankie which would lead to another rematch (UGHHHHHH)

I'd be more impressed if either one of them would win a UD since they both have very difficult styles to look good against.

The real answer is that they are equally impressive.

Edgar finishing Aldo would be a lot more impressive. The closest we have seen to Aldo being in trouble was Round 5 of his fight against Hominick. Other than gassing out for that 1 round in 1 fight, Aldo hasnt really been put in any bad positions let alone rocked or stunned. Edgar finishing him would be insane

edgar won't KO aldo.

i could see Aldo subbing Edgar after rocking him.

Both are very very unlikely... How many times did Aldo go for a submission on a rocked opponent? He just keeps stomping them until the ref pulls him away..

Aldo by ko/tko or Edgar by decision are the two "safe" bets on this fight ^^

I always thought that this would be realistic superfight when Edgar didn't lose the last two times, doesn't seem like that much of a superfight any more but still going to be a great fight hopefully.

Won't really be surprised if one or the other wins because both have championship potential obviously. If Edgar subs Aldo I'll be impressed though.

I really want Aldo to win by TKO via leg kicks.

I would shit myself and lock myself up for 1 month if Edgar finishes Aldo

Edgar has KO'd more people & better people than Aldo has subbed.

If Aldo beats Edgar by KO/TKO/Sub/Decision/whatever then he's #2 P4P. Which is impressive, despite being a fictional ranking.

Im probably one of the biggest edgar fans on this board. but id be happy if he won by decision.

Like hes the worse matchup for penn, i see aldo being troublesome.

If the Aldo that turned up against Florini and Hominick comes in, Edgar could surely win the fight.
But Aldo is fast and sharpe with great takedown defense. Super hard fight for Edgar and Aldo should be favourite to win and maybe finish Edgar. He is more of a finisher than Maynard and Benson.

If Edgar gets hurt like the maynard fights, it will be harder to survive for edgar.
But Penn was untakedownable at lightweight and Edgar took him down more than gsp and anyone else did really

btw Edgar won that 2nd fight against Benson lol

saying that if edgar wins it's by some very closeeee decision causing BIG SHITSTORM ON sherdog and SHITTON OF hate on Frankie which would lead to another rematch (UGHHHHHH)

hope this dont happen. guy needs more respect, being one of the few fighters who fights the bigger guys and wins.

Of course if Edgar finishes Aldo, many will say its only because he's fighting at a lower weight class.....even though Aldo actually weighs more than Edgar.

Back