Say Aldo finishes Edgar or vice versa

It would be a dream come true if Aldo finished Edgar..
If Edgar wins over Aldo it would most likely end up in an immediate rematch lol.

IMO if its a stoppage I would be extremely surprised. Aldo and Edgar are notoriously hard to finish. Edgar isn't know for his KO power or submissions but, Aldo is. A unanimous decision would be somewhat surprising because Aldo has never been dominated (aside from that 1 sub loss from 8 years ago) nor has Edgar (aside from that 1st Maynard fight). In my mind this a toss up match and my Vcash will not be used. Once Edgar gets his range and rhythm he usually takes the fight from there. Where as Aldo once he finds his its could be over just like that.

TL;DR Edgar takes a UD or Aldo via TKO

Edgar beating Aldo would be impressive... but thats not going to happen

As it would be the 2nd or 3rd KO of Frankie's career - it would be far more surprising.

frankie edgar still conscious by the second round will have me in shock.

Only thing Edgar has on Aldo is cardio, maybe strenght.

He better start this fight in high gear.

It would bigger surprise for Frankie to stop Aldo, hands down.

Aldo wins in some way in my opinion.

If Edgar KO Aldo I would be VERY surprised

Interstingly enough, I wouldnt, and it has nothing to do with Edgar's power or lack there of. The easiest way to get KO'd is to be caught with a counter shot on your way in. Aldo gets hyper agressive when he has someone hurt, and If he gets too careless going to try to finish Edgar, Edgar could put him down himself.

No, it would be much more impressive if one could win a UD, 50-45, over the other. Anyone could get a lucky KO or sub, but no-one wins a fluke decision.

I hope it's a good fight.
But watching Edgar play touch'n'go and getting random/useless/shortlived TD's and winning 2 rounds 10-9, followed by endless debate that Edgar should have won 3 rounds... that won't be impressive or fun. It will just be annoying.

Edgar was the king of a FAR more established, heavier division against better opponents, but Aldo has been more consistently dominant. I'd say an Aldo victory would be more impressive.

How the fight will actually go is Aldo will hurt Frankie early and get tired trying to close the deal. Frankie will recover in the mid-game and start pushing as Aldo slows down. The final rounds will be Frankie picking apart a worn out Aldo. It'll end too close to call and widely be considered a robbery no matter who wins.

Back