jamiejamie6661

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
hey i have been saunaing latly
i will do it regardless of benifits because i enjoy it

but what do saunas do and how can they benifit you
also whats a good time/heat

It relaxes muscles, helps reduce stress, detoxifies the body, etc...

Here is a good link that I googled. What is really good is being in a hot sauna for about 15 minutes, step out for about 2 minutes then jump into a cold/cool shower. It feels great!

http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/sauna1.htm

Wolverine
///

It's said that anything more than 15 minutes in a sauna is bad for you in terms of blood pressure and so on. Switching from hot to cold, rather than gradually adjusting, is definitely bad, and kills off poor fools with heart problems every year. For the rest of us, it makes the heart skip beats, do double beats, or have funny rhythms altogether. It's a neat experience, but not something I'd do regularly.

Saunas, due to the heat, will increase blood flow, promoting healing and reducing soreness. However, if you have any sort of swelling going on from an injury, saunas are no good. For the first three days of an injury that swells, heat should be avoided, as it increases swelling and slows recovery time.

Another interesting thing about saunas is that they cause your brain to change the way it behaves, specifically the brainwaves. Depending on your level of relaxation, it can put you into a meditative trance, a light trance being alpha waves and a deeper trance being theta waves. Google it; see what you get.

Eclypse said:
Another interesting thing about saunas is that they cause your brain to change the way it behaves, specifically the brainwaves. Depending on your level of relaxation, it can put you into a meditative trance, a light trance being alpha waves and a deeper trance being theta waves. Google it; see what you get.

Hey Eclypse,

So what you stated above about the brainwaves. Is this a good thing, or bad?

Thanks.

Wolverine
///

Oh, it's good stuff. It's just a side note I wanted to throw in. I found this program, Cool Edit 96, a long time ago which has the capability to create sound files which will shift your brain to those kinds of mental states, even sleep (delta waves). I learned to meditate from the files I made, so I thought I'd pass the idea on to others.

I sit in a dy sauna every day after my workouts and I am very rarely sore. I sit in the dry sauna 15 minutes wrapped in a soft cotton robe then jump out and massage my legs arms and shoulders for about 10 minutes then jump back into sauna for 15 more minutes

cool
i have been experimenting with dry and wet saunas
it seems like its best to mix them up

I work in a bar so i try and get in a sauna to get rid of all the skanky smoke from my lungs. It's irritating that i ahev enver smoked in my life and never want to but have to put up with chumps that do. never mind.

Wolverine said:
It relaxes muscles, helps reduce stress, detoxifies the body, etc...

Here is a good link that I googled. What is really good is being in a hot sauna for about 15 minutes, step out for about 2 minutes then jump into a cold/cool shower. It feels great!

http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/sauna1.htm

Wolverine
///

Good link !!

"The vital organs and glands (including endocrine and sex glands) are stimulated to increased activity."

That's enough for me to hit the sauna.

i have had many positive results from using a sauna after my wokrouts / training. Ive found that muscle soreness, overall fatigue and many skin irritations (mat burn etc.) can be mitigated by the use os sauna / steam.

Fuck that I've been in Sauna's all my life for like 2 hours at a time and I'm not dead.

I quote "In fact, the sauna is credited for much of the rugged vitality and endurance of the Finnish people." Damn straight.

Going in the sauna with a mate-chilling have a good chat (women/jobs/life/partying) is one of the most realxingf things you can do.

Word of advice, don't piss in the sauna rocks........THAT, was a shitty Christmas....

bacon said:
Word of advice, don't piss in the sauna rocks........THAT, was a shitty Christmas....

LMAO!!!

Wolverine
///

ronny thylin said:
Fuck that I've been in Sauna's all my life for like 2 hours at a time and I'm not dead.

I quote "In fact, the sauna is credited for much of the rugged vitality and endurance of the Finnish people." Damn straight.

I heard the saunas in US and such countries are for pussies.

A finnish sauna is something completely different... Its a test of manhood. :D
Normally, people who live to far south of the polarcircle never sauna for real. A real sauna goes like this, throw water on the stones until everybody gives up or faints on the floor. The one last standing (well sitting) is the winner.

Back